“Wonderful hotel!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Biddeford

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Express Biddeford
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Biddeford
Maine
“Wonderful hotel!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2008

We stayed here due to the fact that the hotel is VERY close to the hospital. We received an AWESOME military rate but, even if we hadn't I would pay full price to stay here! Magnificent staff, extraordinary rooms, the ONLY complaint I have is that the heated pool was COLD! As a travel agent I would definately recommend this hotel!!

• Liked — EVERYTHING!
  • Disliked — Pool was a wee bit chilly!
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2007

We loved this hotel. Our room was clean and well appointed. Lots of room! The staff was very friendly and incredibly helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Biddeford/Kennebunkport area.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2007

We stayed for three nights in a king suite with a pull out sofa. We found the hotel clean, quiet and comfortable. The bed was decent, although maybe just a bit harder than our bed at home. The kids were quite comfortable on the pull out sofa. The front desk staff was terrific. They made several recommendations for local restaurants that ended up being fantastic. The breakfast was nice with fresh fruit, cereal, bagels, toast, eggs and bacon or sausage plus waffles. The lady that kept the breakfast room tidy was really nice and made sure the breakfast was kept fully stocked. The only problem was that it was hard to find a seat in the breakfast room in the mornings.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Prince Edward Island
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2007

Our family of 4 recently spent three nights at the Comfort Inn & Suites, Biddeford during a family vacation to Maine. When we first checked in on a Monday, we were given a suite on the main floor. Yes, our standards are high with regard to cleanliness; however, we were not at all impressed with the smell of urine/mildew eminating from the carpets in this room (we are assuming it was once a smoking room and someone had a small pet in the room at one point). We also found a cigarette burn hole in a comforter on one of the beds and when I ran my hand along the window pane, my hand was covered in a a fine brown dust. I then proceeded to the front desk to alert the clerk on duty of my find and thankfully, she was very understandable and accomodating and moved us to another suite on the second floor. The second room had a much more pleasant odour, although we did find stains on the wall behind furniture as well as stains on the pull out sofa in our suite and dust bunnies/crumpled up kleenex behind furniture.

Cleanliness aside, we did find the staff very polite and accomodating with the exception of perhaps not being very knowledgeable with regard to local family related activities/eateries in the area (we wanted local fare, not your typical chain restaurant). The indoor pool was also a bonus for the kids and the complimentary breakfast was another bonus, although the breakfast bar should be enlarged to accomodate the large amount of people using this area at once and it would also be nice to have whole wheat muffins/bagels and skim milk as a healthy alternative choice.

All in all, for the price, this hotel is okay with decent amenities and is a good base point, located within good proximity to the interstate for day excursions. For rating, I would give a 7/10, maybe higher if the rooms were cleaner.

• Liked — Close proximity to interstate for travelling
  • Disliked — Cleanliness (or lack thereof) of rooms
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Scotch Plains, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2007

Ok, stayed at the Comfort Suite in Biddeford for a Thursday thru Sunday stay in early March...It was a business trip, but I knew the area well (its gorgeous nearby if you do some exploring), so there was some fun after the business part was over...

This is the first time I stayed at this Comfort Suites, and I have to say I was happy with the stay (at least with the hotel -- I'll explain later as it's related)

After a 5 hour drive, i got there around 4pm on Thursday... It was a freezing day in Maine and it looked like there really wasn't that many people there that night. Check-in went fine, and I was in my room quickly...

I was impressed as the room was really nice & big as you can see from my pictures (that should be attached)... For a single occupant, it may have been too big, but I was happy with it - especially with the fridge & microwave... The bed was huge & comfortable and even tho they advertise wired internet, they do have wireless which was a happy surprise..

I was in Room 207 - which is the area code of Maine, and after three calls from other rooms who didn't know how to dial outside the hotel, I finally had to unplug the phone.

The 2 room design points were minimal...
1) The bathroom was a little awkwardly designed... The door almost grazes the toilet, so you HAVE to keep the door closed when in there... If you're not alone, that probably isnt a problem, but it kinda feels weird to close the door if you're by yourself...

2) There are three sections to the room... The Bed & TV section, the desk and couch section, and the bathroom/pantry/entry section. Again, this is minimal annoyance, but if you want to watch TV, you have to be on the bed... The TV is unwatchable based on the angle from the couch. Now being on the big comfy bed watching TV means that it is VERY EASY to fall asleep... Which of course I did... AT 7:30pm!!!!! Which means I was up & awake at 4am which threw off my sleep cycle for a few days... Which is a factor in the big problem

Now the big problem (which wasnt the hotel's fault) was on Saturday night... It seems there was some teenager rowing competition in town and there were tons of 15-16 year olds in the hotel that night.. And they were LOUD and obnoxious on my floor till 2:30am when one of the neighbors started a shouting competition with them to knock it off.. I guess it was partially the hotel's fault in that the walls were pretty thin and you could hear everything outside the walls of the room...

This night was kinda special in that it was the night that Daylight Savings time sprung ahead... So it became 3:30am when it settled down.. Add to the fact that I was off on my sleep habit anyway, and I had to get up early on Sunday to start the drive home. I couldn't ding Comfort suites much on this as it was the annoying kids fault, but it will be the big memory of this hotel for me forever. And I will be going back to the area at least a few times every year (not always staying at hotels)

Bottom line is the hotel is really nice... And if you do some exploring close by, you'll find some of the most beautiful areas in the world... Just be worried when you see busloads of kids coming in... and watch out for the phone in room 207.

Stayed March 2007
6 Thank JimboXLax-1
Weymouth, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2006

We stayed in this hotel most recently in October. We have stayed here many times and have always been happy with the rooms and the service. The front desk staff is very accomodating and willing to give assistance. We have stayed here in the summer to visit the Maine beaches or on our way to other vacation spots in the area. We have never been disappointed. For the money it really is a great deal.

• Liked — Cleanliness and comfort of room
  • Disliked — Not enough restaurants in the immediate area
  • Tips/Secrets — In the summer you need to book in advance
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jean-RWeymouth
NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2006

We actually stayed here because there was wasnt anything available closer to the beaches at Kennebunkport..What a pleasant surprise.Rooms were clean and confortable and the staff was extremely friendly.The indoor pool was a plus.

Stayed August 2006
1 Thank CharlieB53
Also consider these accommodations in or near Biddeford
Hampton Inn Saco / Biddeford
Elmwood Resort Hotel
Elmwood Resort Hotel
#4 of 28 in Wells
Ramada Saco/Old Orchard Beach Area

Been to Holiday Inn Express Biddeford? Share your experiences!