“You Really Need to Try This Place!”

Koi Sushi Bar and Asian Cuisine
Ranked #54 of 87 Restaurants in Biddeford
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We had driven by Koi Asian Cuisine countless times without ever stopping – what a mistake! Fortunately, I looked at the Tripadvisor listings for restaurants in Biddeford the other day and noticed all the stellar reviews for it, so we decided we needed to check it out. Don’t be put off by the unassuming exterior; the interior is very pleasing and the greeting you receive is extremely warm and welcoming.

We selected 2 items from the Japanese lunch specials – my husband got the sushi plate, and I ordered the salmon teriyaki. The menu noted that both of these included salad (which had a delicious ginger dressing on it), miso soup, and rice. But was I ever surprised when my salmon arrived resting on a bed of tasty vegetables in a lovely bento box also accompanied by 3 California roll slices and 3 pork dumplings. Everything tasted as good as it looked. My husband raved about his sushi, too. I often don’t even use the sauces that come with Asian food, as I find them too harsh, but the house-made dipping sauce for the dumplings was so good that I was dipping everything else into it, as well. I love the delectable concoction known as Thai iced tea, and this was the best I’ve ever had. And they gave out chocolate fortune cookies at the end of the meal.

We returned three days later and tried 2 additional selections from the Japanese lunch menu: sashimi for my husband and beef negimaki (broiled strips of beef marinated in teriyaki sauce and rolled around scallions and asparagus) for me. Again, both the presentation and taste were first rate. This time we indulged in a dessert, too – bananas fried in tempura batter, topped with chocolate and whipped cream. Scrumptious!

Koi has a large menu which includes other Asian cuisines, especially Chinese, and we’ll be returning there to try some of these other dishes. This is a perfect restaurant for a sushi lover to go to with a non-sushi fan companion, as there is much variety to choose from for both tastes. I’m glad we live fairly close to our new discovery, but this place is so good, the servers are so kind and friendly, and the prices are so reasonable that it would definitely be worth driving out the way for.

15  Thank VOYJEAN

Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

I am always amazed to find these types of restaurants. Not a whole lot of jazz with Koi, but the food is great and is always a nice experience. Staff is kind and prices and quality are what people are looking for. I took photos of our plates we ordered. Large menu that is pleasing to all Asian and sushi needs. Come and support this small restaurant.

1  Thank Makennika
Reviewed April 2, 2013

very good sushi (according to my friends)
I stick with the orange chicken- excellent.

I recommend eating in rather then take out. The service is excellent, the restaurant is decorated very nice, and they have raised bench seats that are really fun to sit in.
The meals are beautifully prepared and you get tea and soup with every meal.
Fun experience every time!

1  Thank EvaB207
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have only ordered takeout at this restaurant, but these people are extremely friendly, the food is delicious and I am glad this place opened and delivers to Saco.We always order the hunan beef, crab rangoons and a couple of sushi rolls. Thanks guys keep up the great work and customer service!!

1  Thank verizon88
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The sushi at Koi is the best in the Biddeford-Saco area and the cooked food is good too. The dining room is attractive and clean, and the service is consistently quick and efficient.

1  Thank nhunixguy