“Yum!”

Thai ME restaurant
Ranked #9 of 87 Restaurants in Biddeford
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed March 19, 2013

panang curry takeout was pretty yummy! Street parking but easy. Brown rice available. Staff was courteous.

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Where to start, we have be coming for about 3 years now at least, either take out or eat in. It's our fav place by far for dining out. Jib and the guys are amazing and the food is always perfect, fresh, and just what we need. We have gotten our families hooked on it and our friends too. There is always a warm welcome and it feels like home. We got married this march in a small ceremony and my now in- laws held a surprise (premeditated) rehearsal dinner for 30 people- there are not words for how amazing it was. The food was amazing (no surprise there- it always is) and the service was incredible!!! I can not express enough how extraordinary the whole thing was! Jib and the staff took such great care of us!!!! The absolute best food in town and the kindest and most amazing management and service! Thank you Thai ME for helping make our wedding weekend the best days of our life :) we will always be loyal customers!!!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I'm a fan of Thai ME, and they always treat us well. Friendly service, good food, and decent prices keep us coming back. The only thing about Thai ME which is disappointing has nothing to do with Thai food, it's the sushi. They do a good job and it's fresh, but the selection is a let down. If you're looking for sushi, everything they have will be a combination of tuna, salmon, and things which are not raw fish. They're creative with the limited offerings but I think if they added some yellowtail, striped bass, and squid or octopus, they'd do better.

The restaurant is usually crowded although I've never seen it full, and everything about the place is very nice. I would agree with the reviewer who suggests calling for reservations on weekends, especially in the summer.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We went for lunch on sunday afternoon against my better judgement. They were very nice and were great about keeping our water glasses filled but the food terrible. Even the signature Tom kah gai soup was bland. It's been good at other times but skip Sunday during the day.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

The set menus (eg lunch special in which you can get one appetizer and one entree from a pre-selected group) are reasonably priced. Based on other reviewers' raves, I got the crab rangoon as an appetizer and then a curry for an entree. The crab rangoon was freshly fried but didn't taste all that special to me. Given the accessibility of seafood in this area, I would recommend a recipe for the filling that lets the crab stand on its own a bit more rather than overwhelming it in a sauce -- the sauce was so heavy that I wouldn't have been able to tell if it had been krab (i.e. fake crabmeat) instead of the real thing.
The curry was OK, it satisfied my craving for spicy food and the meat was of acceptable quality. The rice also was fine. Overall, this was a pretty standard Thai lunch: nothing special, but nothing bad either. The service was competent and quick to get me the food, though a little slow to bring and process the bill. There's some tables in a nicely sunlit corner with a large window where you can watch the few people in town go by.

Been to Thai ME restaurant? Share your experiences!