“4 for Location...on the slopes”

North Peak Condominiums
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bethel
North Peak Condominiums
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed in a 2-bedroom unit with one bathroom. The kitchen was recently renovated and had everything that we needed. The beds were bad! The queen sagged to the middle, and the two twins were rock hard. The sound-proofing between floors is bad. I'd request an upper-level if you can. The pool was very warm. It has a tiny portion inside before you swim out to the larger area outside. There is no seating outside (at least in the winter). It's pretty cramped outside, so I wouldn't book it if you really like laying by the pool in the summer. The location of the condos makes it a 4 star for us. Otherwise, we'd give it a 3. The Sunday River Resort is great! Eight peaks, loads of options, good food, and even a crepe bar.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank divingmommy11
There are newer reviews for North Peak Condominiums
Reviewed February 17, 2009

We were a little dubious about booking these having read the other reviews, but got a great deal price wise and decided to give it a go. We were pleasantly surprised! Yes, the decor is basic and tired. Yes the corridors are a little dark, dank and smelly. We were there off-peak, and the units around us weren't occupied so I can't say anything about whether they were poorly sound proofed which I think someone else mentioned and yes I can confirm they do have vent-less fireplaces which mean you should open the window before using them. However, the unit itself, was clean, well-equipped, comfortable and perfectly adequate for a skiing vacation.......2 bedrooms one with double bed and one with 2 sets of bunk beds, (perfect, because with 3 kids usually someone ends up sleeping on the floor or on a sofa bed), kitchen, lounge, dining area and bathroom..... Now don't get me wrong, for some vacations, I'm a luxury all the way kind of girl but for skiing with kids, convenience and location trump all and for this the North Peak condos can't be beat. We were in building 2 (I think Unit 103) and you can ski right in and out from 2 different green runs, one of which takes you straight down to the beginner area where the ski-school and the Magic Carpet are based. We also saved a ton of money because we could pop back for lunch and hot chocolate whenever we wanted. (A word of caution about other properties - we also had a choice of The Brookside Condominiums and the Jordan Hotel, both of which are ski-in, ski out from green runs but they are much more challenging runs, the Jordan Hotel in particular is a 1.5 mile green which really could be a blue at the top part. If you have little kids or anyone who is not that confident on ski's, I would go with the North Peak instead). Added bonus - the pool was lovely, very clean, super hot, nice changing rooms, virtually empty and just a short dash away outside building 1.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank 5exiles
Reviewed March 27, 2006

My friends and I went to Sunday River January 29- February 2. We had an awesome time. When we first arrived we were a little skeptical, this place is in the middle of nowhere Maine. When stayed at North Peak Condos. They were really nice. It was one of the bigger condos we have stayed in. All five of us fit in just fine. The condo was right next to the trail and it even had a fireplace. The outdoor pool and hot tub were wonderful after a day of skiing. They were hot and clean.
The skiing was great it was mid-week and wasn’t crowed. You have to check out Jordon Bowl, the trails were amazing. We went tubing one night, which was a blast. There are two different trails you can go down and lift that will take you up.
We did go out to eat a couple of times. We went to the Great Grizzly Bar one night. The pizza and pastas were great. If you like hard alcohol try one of their avalanche bowls. We also ate at the Phoenix. The food there is the best on mountain. The appetizer bowls are huge. The burgers and steaks are so good. If you are looking for lunch while skiing, go to the Foggy Goggle. All of the wait staff was so helpful on suggesting their favorites and the bar tenders can make anything you ask. This is also the local hangout for après ski time.
Overall we had an awesome trip, great place to stay and awesome food. We are going back next year.

9  Thank EMassa
Reviewed March 11, 2006

We booked a two bedroom ski and stay package condo at North Peak Condos through Sunday River reservations and found it disappointing. First off Sunday River states it offers "Sunday River Dollars" in place of a lift ticket for those in your party that don't ski/ride. They wouldn't for whatever reason so we ended up selling the unused tickets in the parking lot. They advertise a heated outdoor pool for this complex and it does have one, Unfortunately there are three different buildings and it wasn't in ours. (III) It was located about 150 yards down hill between (1 & II). When we arrived we were told we could only allowed one car at the complex and our other car would have to park in overflow parking at the bottom of the hill. Too far to walk which made it inconvenient. When we entered our complex the whole building smelled like garbage. Probably because they have a trash can on every floor. We called and complained but it smelled just as bad the day we left. The complex is a little more like a glorified dorm than a mountainside condominium. The hallways are horrible and the interior of the condo was done a cheaply as possible. Two burners didn't work properly. My dorm in college was better. They advertise that the condo has a gas fireplace and it does. A gas ventless fireplace. It actually vents into the condo. The warning sticker advises to open a window when using. Are you kidding me? We never used it. I'd have to say the only thing abou the accommodations that was good was the location in relationship to the nearest lift. Close walking distance. I would not stay here again unless I was with 8 buddies and a keg of beer.

• Stayed: March 2006
3  Thank rtibbs4
A TripAdvisor Member
New York
Reviewed January 3, 2006

Dec.'05: We switched to a comfortable two-bedroom unit at NorthPeak after originally booking a very cramped (basement-like) one-bedroom unit at Locke Mountain Condo.

At NorthPeak we were on the third floor of building 2 (I think it was unit #302). Our unit had a gas burning fireplace, and cozy, but typical living room, dining room and kitchen furniture (all in good condition). The kitchen had all the required appliances and utensils,...again, in good condition. DVD player in the living room. Housekeeping was very generous with extra towels. Ski lockers were available in the basement to lock-up equipment, as well as coin-operated washer and dryer for clothes. An outdoor heated pool, available to condo tenants, is outside building 1...and in mid-December it was practically deserted in the late afternoon. :-)

Overall, I'd say the unit was slightly above average for a ski resort condo in the East. I would recommend staying there.

Access to the Sundance trail (down to South Ridge) was very convenient. A short walk (75 yards?; depending on which end of the condo building you're on) gets you to the Perfect Turn Express lift...which is very handy.

Another reviewer said the Cascades condo was "dorm-like." I would say that is not the case at NorthPeak; it was more like a simple apartment complex.

Happy skiing.