Holidae House Bed & Breakfast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Trails End Motel(Rumford Point)
  • Pool
  • Room Service
Blue Iris Motor Inn(Rumford Center)
  • Room Service
All reviewsjohn and jeanettefrench toastb beggsliving roomcookiesgracious hostssunday riverdelicious breakfasthis wifeground coffeebaked goodssouthern hospitalityold friendsother guestsmain streetnew england
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 3, 2008

The owners were delightful. The breakfast was the best we had all week. The only drawback was a single bed set up in a room with a queen bed for a third person that was very uncomfortable.
Other than that - it was great.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2008

This wonderfully restored Bed & Breakfast, in the heart of Bethel Village, has all the comfort and charm you could ever want in a B&B. The owners are wonderful, outgoing, and catered to my every need. I was in Bethel on business, but found my stay with them to be relaxing and comfortable in every way. I'd love to return for a vacation! Thank you, Laurence and Marcia for being great hosts!!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed August 23, 2008

We stayed at the Holidae House B&B during a rainy week in August. The hospitality from the British innkeeper was totally delightful. We felt perfectly comfortable using the dining area and sitting areas as if we owned the place. This is the first B&B we visited in Maine that served a full "order as you wish" breakfast which included eggs, pancakes, sausage, yogurt, fruit, etc etc. We recommend this beautifully decorated and preserved historical inn with its lovely rooms to anyone who would like a truly hospitable and charming experience.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank qqqwwwReno_NV
Reviewed August 18, 2008

We have just returned from a trip to ME, NH, and VT. Without a doubt, the high point (in lodging) of our trip was Austin's.
Many people have high expectations for a B&B, but few find one that is every thing you expect.
From the moment we arrived, Laurence welcomed us with his charm and wit. He's also quite the baker, as a fresh batch of cookies, warm from the oven, were served up within minutes of our arrival. Our room was a VIctorian wonderland. I was originally concerned it was just off the main room/parlor, but there was no noise problem at all. My wife enjoyed the jetted tub. We both enjoyed the complimentary apertifs.
Breakfast was superb. Be sure you try his homemade granola before the eggs, bacon, etc. Best breakfast around. I'm sure there are other fine inns in Bethel but, should we return there, we will undoubtedly stay at the Holidae house.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2008

I have traveled to Bethel -- off and on -- for nearly 20 years for NTL conferences and meetings. I've stayed quite off the beaten path at times and at other times in some of Bethel's largest properties. However, nothing was as magical as my recent stay at Austin's Holidae House B&B. The innkeepers, Marcia and Laurence, are delightful. I had the good fortune of staying in their B&B for a little over a week, and from day one, they made me feel like a long-lost friend had returned home. Each day, Laurence and Marcia were attentive to my needs, preparing a cooked to order breakfast. There were many local goodies and treats, including the first harvest of the wild Maine blueberries. They assisted me with reservations of all sorts, and really went out of their way to be both candid and hospitable -- so uncommon in today's rushed travel world. The rooms were always clean with ample supplies. The location was perfect, easily accessible to meetings, restaurants, and jogging/hiking paths. And, Laurence, thanks for having bicycles available at the ready for quick outdoor trips. My future stays in Bethel will always be with Laurence and Marcia at Austin's Holidae House B&B.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business