“Laurence goes the extra mile”

Holidae House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 15 Bethel B&B and Inns
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Laurence goes the extra mile”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Arrived at Holidae House after a long day of touring VT, NH, and ME on motorcycles. Laurence made us feel right at home and even went to the market that evening to get the requested "diet coke for breakfast". I am sure this went against every proper bone in his body, as he offers all sorts of wonderful teas and coffees....but I need my diet coke fix in the morning. Breakfast was by far the best I have had in a long time if not ever. My buddies and I raved about it throughout the day. As most others have said the french toast is not to be missed. We had a nice evening chat on the nice front porch with a wonderful couple from Australia. The inn was very quiet and the bed very comfortable. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a tub in the bathroom and some do not. If this is important to you then be sure to...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tom B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Hebrew first
Laurel
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Great B&B! It was built in the early 1900s and has a lot of character & charm. Laurence, owner/innkeeper, is absolutely phenomenal. He bent over backward to ensure my stay was a pleasurable one. For example, I had a smaller room booked, but he had a larger one available. Without my asking, he upgraded my room to the larger one at no extra charge. He also recommended several restaurants to me & my two biker buddies. We opted for the pub he recommended and the atmosphere & food were great. Breakfast, prepared by Laurence, was also great. The French toast was delicious! He even asked us our time preference for breakfast so it would coincide with the time we wanted to depart and had it prepared exactly at our requested time. I commend Laurence for putting customer satisfaction at the top of his priority list and highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed August 2013
Woburn, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed at Austin's Holidae House B&B on Friday 8/23/13. We wish that we had more time to extend our stay. Marcia and Laurence make the perfect inn keepers. They make you feel not only comfortable but like one of the family. The rooms are beautiful, take a look at the ceiling paintings. The breakfast worth the price of admission, do try the blueberry cake.

Go and try this wonderful B & B. Share stories with Marcia and Laurence and witness how a B & B should be.

Angela and Joe Lyons

Room Tip: Rooms are beautifully decorated. Night caps are available in the living room. They serve very tast...
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The innkeeper (and breakfast cook) Laurence made this a worthwhile stay. He is a wonderful host and the French toast was the best we've ever had. We enjoyed chatting with him and we also took advantage of the complimentary after-dinner libations. The room was comfy, although the shower in our room was a little tight. We also detected a slight odor coming from 'the loo.' I enjoyed sitting on the front porch and relaxing even though the landscape in the front could use some attention. Mrs. Austin was a bit fussy, but she was nursing a bum leg. All-in-all, it was worth the money and I would recommend this to friends and family. I can't always say that about some of the other 'highly rated' properties on Tripadvisor.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
LaurenceandMarcia, Owner at Holidae House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and our breakfasts. As you rightly stated we have had a real challenge with our landscaping this summer- with torrential rains alternating with super heat, coupled with Marcia's recovering from foot surgery, as she usually is gardening whenever possible. As far as the odor from the loo, had you let us know we would have done everything to remedy the situation, as we do with any complaint that is brought to our attention. We wish you well and truly hope to see you again. Happy travels. Laurence and Marcia
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband and I scrambled to find a place in Bethel Maine last minute. I found Holidae House on the Gould Academy website and gave Laurence a call. He was very pleasant to deal with and gave me the Carpe Diem rate which was extremely reasonable. I was very happy when I saw our room which was very spacious with a large bath with jacuzzi tub. Although our room was on the main road it was very quiet and I actually slept in!!!!. The breakfast was delicious and Laurence made available to me some different choices as I have some food allergies. I found it a nice touch that Laurence and Marcia made available to their guest beverage nightcaps (although I did not indulge). All in all I would return to Holidae House on my next visit to Bethel.

Voorheesville, New York
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Our stop at Austin's Holidae House B&B began with an introduction to Laurence, the innkeeper. Being not busy, he upgraded us to another room for "not a ha'penny more". The rooms and amenities were fine and the array of beverage nightcaps were welcome. He provided us with information about dining and a wonderful pub down the street where one will meet everyone that lives in Bethel at one time or another. We would definitely stay there again.

East Setauket, New York
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Austin Holidae B&B three nights and it was the most enjoyable stay we have ever experienced. Laurence and Marcia Austin are wonderful hosts. The room was comfortable and clean. The breakfasts, marvelous, served in a manner befitting royalty; down to the scones and homemade granola. And Laurence is really a great cook. I can't say enough about the ambiance of a Victorian setting; the lighting in the rooms, the furnture, the rugs and decorated walls. The living room was a peaceful place to relax and enjoy good conversations and a spot Baily"s!! It was a most wonderful time. And with our friends in the area, we will definately stay no other place when we come to visit again.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are spacious and comfotable
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethel
Town & Country Inn and Resort
Norseman Inn
Norseman Inn
#10 of 15 in Bethel
The Jolly Drayman at The Briar Lea Inn

Been to Holidae House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!