“Delicious Food”

Dining options: Reservations
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Delicious Food”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Very nice homey restaurant. Very delicious food and attentive servers. Right on the main drag close to bed and breakfast's.

Visited October 2013

Idaho Falls, Idaho
“Wonderful Seafood and Service”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We were staying at a Bed & Breakfast on a Sunday evening, when supper was not provided. We asked about a good place to eat dinner and our host recommended the S.S. Milton. We started with blueberry martinis, which were excellent. Then, we each enjoyed a bowl of lobster stew, and were very please with the flavor and the generous amount of lobster it contained. We shared a large Caesar salad and a chicken Oscar platter. The platter was a perfectly cooked boneless chicken breast topped with tender asparagus spears, large chunks of lobster, and a Béarnaise sauce. The platter also included red-skinned new potatoes, broccoli, and fresh rolls. The meal was absolutely delicious and the presentation was exceptional. The service was courteous and cordial, and very attentive to our needs. We felt like we were long time friends. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• Visited October 2013
Wollongong, Australia
“Disappointing”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We were recommended to dine at the SS Milton by our B&B host in Bethel. I ordered the pasta, thinking you cant go wrong with that, but it was the worst I have ever eaten. It tasted like it was straight out of a packaged frozen supermarket box. Our waitress was extremely impatient and couldnt wait until I had finished eating, even though the restaurant was only half full and no need for haste. My husband had already finished his meal, but she kept hovering over me and asking for our dessert choice. I obviously wasnt eating fast enough for her. When I asked what the Key Lime Pie was she gave a pert reply. Consequently we didnt stay for dessert. We left very disappointed.

Visited September 2013
Havre de Grace, Maryland
“Good food/ great prices/fast friendly service”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I was in town for my 30th high school reunion for the weekend and we had dinner at the SS Milton, our inn keeper told us the food is reliably good but not fancy and he was correct. My husband started with the lobster stew, it was full of lobster meat and it was great, next he has the flat iron steak, it was perfectly cooked, he loved it.

I had the fisherman's stew, which was good, it was not the same as a boulibase, my favorite - but it was full of seafood and I enjoyed it. We didn't have any dessert, so I can't comment on that. The service was very fast and friendly; best of all the meal was well priced, big plus!

• Visited September 2013
Round Rock, Texas
“Delicious seafood bisque”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We ate dinner at the SS Milton and both thoroughly enjoyed it. The ambiance is quiet and the food was delicious. I had the seafood bisque and shrimp scampi. Both were incredible. I highly recommend this restaurant!

Visited September 2013