“Treasure in Bethel!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My family and I had a great dinner. I am glad that we made our last night visiting Maine a memorable one by eating at S.S.Milton. Excellent staff, great food: steamed lobster, steak, shrimp...

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Several visits and never disappointed. Service pleasant and timely. Prices good. The atmosphere in an old house is cozy with a sun room and outdoor patio. They sometimes have to turn people away, so call first for a good time that's less busy. Must be popular !

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Had lunch here on way into town and dinner the following night ....both were fabulous.....a great find for a very good meal!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Order the seafood bisque, lots of lobster in it. You won't be disappointed. The chicken oscar was fabulous. The desserts are homemade.

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I were out for a drive and found ourselves in the cute town of Bethel at lunchtime. Having never before been in this town, I checked Tripadvisor for local restaurant reviews and we decided upon S.S. Milton. We were both very happy with our lunches. Started with a FABULOUS lobster bisque chock full of lobster meat, then both had very good sandwiches, and ended with a fresh strawberry pie. VERY good food throughout the meal. Our waitress was friendly and attentive, and the prices were reasonable. If the owners of this restaurant could fix up the outside of this restaurant to make it more appealing, I would imagine that would attract more business. The outside is rather shabby...but don't let that stop you from trying this little gem on Main Street! The food is what makes it!