“Everything Happenning”

Foggy Goggle @ Sunday River
Ranked #12 of 20 things to do in Bethel
Reviewed January 7, 2015 via mobile

Wait to be seated was short. We had a late lunch at this upper floor hot spot and would be back again. Despite the crowded atmosphere, service was quick and the drinks and food were very good. Yard Sale Bloody was superb. You cannot go wrong with the fish tacos, goggle soup, haddock sandwich and onion rings. In the meantime, a band set up and started playing. Good place to catch your breath and refill after hitting the slopes in the morning.

1  Thank jabnolla

Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

I went to the foggy goggle looking forward to seeing the Portland, ME based reggae band, "Royal Hammer." I arrived at 3pm, when they were scheduled to perform. The bar was crowded as I expected, but I found an empty table right near the stage. Even though they were taking reservations for seating, I figured who in the right mind would want to sit here just for diner, but sure enough, we were politely asked to move to accommodate a family with young children there to have burgers and nachos. After several minutes of awkwardly crowding those at the bar, trying to find a comfortable place we could at least stand and enjoy the music, we left disappointed. ...either be a restaurant or a bar. If you promote an original live band on your website you should at least make some provisions for those there for the music. Perhaps remove the tables directly in front of the stage so people can dance and have a good time. Personally, I don't believe children should be in a bar period; but that's the parents' business I suppose. Other than that, it's everything you'd expect from a typical ski bar.

1  Thank eastbeach
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This is an average apres ski bar with average food. The beer selection is also average. The staff is great and the entertainment is usually worth listening to after a day on the mountain.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We were there on a Sat night. We didn't want much just some appertizers and drinks. We were with a large group who was at the resort for the weekend but just 2 of us got a table in the back (the live music is way too loud in the main part of the restaurant). The hostess said she could seat us and we'd have a nicest waitress. So we sat down, there were large tables all around us. We finally saw the waitress bring a round of drinks for the table next to us but then passed over us and left the little room. The other large table on the other side of us were all leaving. The bus boy came over to clear that table and the waitress then came over...to the dirty table and started clearing it with him, still hadn't come to our table. I had to used the bathroom and when I came back my husband said that she still hadn't come to the table and we had been sitting there for 25 minutes and there were two empty tables in the back room. It was ridiculous. We finally got up and told the hostess that she never came over and we waited and waited. We ended up going across the street to The Phoenix where they the service was 100x better than this place.

1  Thank BBuddy
See more reviews
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We ate here 2 days over our recent stay. The wait was as expected on a holiday weekend, but the food did not suffer. I took the time to tell the manager how impressed I was with the staff - efficient and pleasant. The nachos were excellent and seem to be on every table, There is live music in the late afternoon and the deck offers great views of the mountain and skiiers. Some guys were sitting out there eating their nachos as the snow was falling. There was plenty of bar staff to keep the service moving quickly.