The Inn at the Rostay
The Bethel Inn Resort(Bethel)(Great Value!)
$100
$97
Town & Country Inn and Resort(Gorham)(Great Value!)
$122
$94
Royalty Inn(Gorham)
$104
$92
TripAdvisor
Top Notch Inn(Gorham)(Great Value!)
$104
$94
Northern Peak Motor Inn(Gorham)(Great Value!)
$60
No availability for your dates from our partners
Paris Inn Motel(South Paris)
All reviewshot tubsunday riverfire pitroom was cleanwireless internetfridge and microwaveplace to staylocated minutesnice breakfasthousekeeping staffbunk bedsgreat little placeclose to townbethel areaski seasoneach morningnew owners
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My sons and I stayed here for two nights to compete in Sunday River's Tough Mountain Challenge. I booked the Rostay Inn after seeing how outrageous the rates were at Sunday River and am so glad I did. The Inn is only a few minutes (4.5 miles) from Sunday River anyway. Kathy & Al are the most gracious of hosts. We were given a special military deal that was most appreciated. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. The outdoor pool was immaculate and freshing especially after the rigorous race! The breakfast was yummy and the boys enjoyed Al's chocolate chip pancakes. The town of Bethel was lovely and Kathy offered some great tips of things to do in the area. We're looking at coming again next year for the race and wouldn't stay any where else. the artes are very resonable and the property is well maintaines, best of all are the hosts. That's what made for a really outstanding stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
rostayowner, Owners at The Inn at the Rostay, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Wow! What a fantastic review! It's so nice to see that you all were pleasantly surprised. Kathy and I are thrilled that we could make you and your boys feel so welcome here in Bethel. Thank you again for the kind words. We look forwarding to seeing you next summer!

Regards,

Reviewed July 15, 2012

This was our first time to Maine together. We went panning for gold in Coos Canyon and were looking for lodging in Rumsford. Our GPS took us to a few motels which we decided against. Luckly we came across The Inn at the Rostay. Very pleasantly suprised. Exceptionally clean and cozy. Just loved the "bear" room. Kathy, next time we come to the area...we'll definitely be staying there.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
rostayowner, Owners at The Inn at the Rostay, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Liz,

It's great to hear from you again. I'm so glad that you stumbled upon us, and that you were pleasantly surprised with what you found! It sounds like you all had a fantastic time here in Maine, and we're thrilled to have been a part of it. Thanks for the kind words. Alan and I are looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Take care,
Kathy & Alan

Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

Owner kathy is very nice and kind. She allowed us to call family in Canada with no charge. Free breakfast for bikers. Beds were a bit creaky and old but clean a very. Nice room. Worth the money. Pool and fire pit. I asked her why she is biker friendly she said they tend to travel in packs which brings more business. My friend and I were traveling on bikes and was turned away from one motel but the patron advised this one. We were glad
She did.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

We're glad you took their advice, too! Thanks for staying with us. Alan and I are thrilled that you all felt so comfortable after a long day on the road. You're always welcome here, so come see us again next time you're in the neighborhood! ( And don't forget to bring all your biker friends!!)

Regards,

Reviewed May 22, 2012

I recently stayed in the upstairs "suite" above the check in area. This is a great unit if you are looking for something with a little more space than your standard hotel/motel room. There are 2 bedrooms, a kitchen and a spacious living room area with bunk beds. Three of my friends and I have been to Bethel the last 3 years in a row on golf trips and have stayed in this unit each time. It has worked out perfect, we stick the guys that snore in the bedrooms and the other guys on the bunkbeds. The property is only located 5-10 minutes from Sunday River. I haven't stayed in any of the other rooms but I highly recommend the upstairs suite.

Room Tip: The upstairs suite.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
rostayowner, Owners at The Inn at the Rostay, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Brendan,

It's wonderful to hear that you keep coming back for some golf and R&R! The upstairs suite is lovely, and I'm thrilled that you've enjoyed it so much. Thanks for taking the time to review us. Let us know if there's anything we can do to make your next stay that much better!

Best,

Reviewed March 24, 2012

Like the name, it was a Really Outstanding STAY. The room was exceptionally clean. We liked the hidden refrigerator in the night table. The breakfast was outstanding. Price was reasonable compared to other lodging in the area. Very convenient for access to Sunday River. We had a great stay. Very comfortable and relaxing. The one and only change we would make is to have the LOUD bathroom fan on a seperate switch from the light. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
rostayowner, Owners at The Inn at the Rostay, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Thomas,

There's nothing like relaxing in the mountains. I'm thrilled that we made you feel so comfortable, and that you had such a wonderful time! Thanks for leaving the feedback about the restroom's fan. There's always room for improvement, so I'll discuss this with the team. Thank you for the lovely review. We look forward to seeing you again!

Best,