“Good food, fun atmosphere”

Rooster's Roadhouse
Ranked #6 of 35 Restaurants in Bethel
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
massachusetts
“Good food, fun atmosphere”
Reviewed February 21, 2009

We ate here during a ski vacation with our 20 and 17 year old kids. Everyone enjoyed the meals. There was plenty of food. My husband and I shared the ribs and fried Maine shrimp. My son said the burger was one of the best he's ever had. The waitress was attentive. We'd go back if we're in the area again.

Fryeburg, Maine
“Wonderful New Years Eve Celebration!”
Reviewed January 2, 2009

My husband and went to Rooster's on New Years Eve for dinner and karoke. My best friend & her fiance, DJ and Karoke at this restaurant which is how I learned about it.

I was on cruches since I've hurt my knee. The wait staff went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and even carried our food & drinks to another table and helped me up the stairs where the entertainment was happening.

The food was delicious, the helpings were huge, the desserts were to die for! Our waitress Danelle and waiter Dale were fabulous they both attended to our every need. Thank you Steve the owner!

Plently of free parking, no cover charge that night, all inclusive dinner, dessert, party favors and champagne toast at midnight for $29.95 per person. Such a Deal!!

We will certainly return to this restaurant again!

Wendi Bailey

Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good restaurant, terrible server”
Reviewed August 19, 2008

Food was great but our server Sherry was totally obnoxious and unprofessional. The cheesesticks were great- the biggest ones Ive ever seen in my life! Love the food, just hope you don't get that terrible service!

1 Thank aardvarkadvocate7
Ca[e Cod
“Beware of Special Vacation Menu”
Reviewed February 22, 2008

We just returned from a wonderful ski vacation in Bethel over February vacation (2 adults, a 12 year old and 9 year old). We had wonderful meals at Suds Pub and The Brewery but were very disappointed in Rooster's. First, our resort recommended this restaurant and showed us a menu with numerous choices and reasonable prices. In fact, we picked this restaurant because my daughter could get ribs there. Only after we sat down and ordered drinks did we realize that we were given a special "February Vacation Menu" with limited menu choices and higher prices! We expressed our displeasure and should have left. But, we stayed since we already had drinks. No ribs were available for my daughter. While our entries were plentiful, the food (haddock for adults and burgers for kids) was bland and the entire meal was overpriced. We felt ripped off by the bait and switch and will not dine here again when we visit Bethel (we do visit several times each year). Restaurants should not raise their prices for a few weeks each year and take advantage of families who must vacation during those weeks.

Maine
“Never will go back”
Reviewed October 14, 2007

Tried the Rooster's Roadhouse for the first and last time. The food was horrible!! And the smell!! A local said that it was previously a chicken barn! That would explain the smell. The steak was so tough I couldn't even cut it with the steak knife, and the hamburger my son ate was tasteless and tiny. We will never go back.