“The best breakfast you will ever eat!”
Review of Chapman Inn

Chapman Inn
Ranked #5 of 15 Bethel B&B and Inns
Bradford, W Yorks
“The best breakfast you will ever eat!”
Reviewed July 19, 2007

The Chapman Inn at bethel is a family run New England Inn. Its congenial hosts Fred and Sandy give a great welcome. The rooms are homely and comfortable and the price very reasonable at around $80 a night. Fred's gourmet breakfast is second to none. Try his homemade breads, fresh bluberry muffins and pancakes or one of his special monterrey jack cheese omelettes for a mouthwatering feast. We loved the friendliness of this place compared to other places we stayed during our New England road trip and would definitely recommend it.

• Liked — Friendly Atmosphere
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank hanj

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Camberley
Reviewed April 10, 2007

We've just returned from a ten day stay at The Chapman Inn, bethel, Maine.. What a lovely, quaint Bed & breakfast. Sandra and Fred, the owners, were extremely hospitable, making our stay really comfortable. Fred cooks a magnificent Breakfast in the mornings, and when we returned from a days skiing, there was always hot coffee or hot chocolate waiting for us along with Fred's home made Blueberry Muffins. Fantastic! I would recomend this place to anyone.

• Liked — Happy, Family atmosphere, great food and hospitality
  • Disliked — The TV was on its last legs
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
UK
Reviewed January 9, 2007

I didn't dislike the Chapman Inn but after a couple of weeks of staying in New England inns I found it a bit disappointing compared to other places. The owners (and their pets) were very friendly and welcoming, but the place itself is a bit tired and threadbare. Our room was comfortable enough but we had to share a bathroom which interconnected with the next room, which was a pain as the door on our side didn't shut properly and the neighbours used the toilet several times a night! There was plenty of space to make a small ensuite bathroom in each room and this would have made a big difference to our opinion of the place.
Unlike all the other inns we'd stayed at on our trip, breakfast was a self-service warm buffet rather than cooked to order. It was fine and plentiful, but pretty average in quality except for the excellent homemade muffins.
The Chapman Inn's location is good and we really enjoyed Bethel but if we were going back we'd probably stay somewhere else.

• Disliked — The shared bathroom
  • Tips/Secrets — Check if there's a room with private bathroom available
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with friends
2 Thank NetSquirrel
Southern US
Reviewed November 28, 2006

My sister and I stayed one night there in October. I spoke with Sandra on the phone several times prior to our arrival, and when we got there, she welcomed us like we were family! Our room was very clean and comfortable. Fred and Debbie made a delicious breakfast the next morning and we enjoyed visiting with them and with the other guests. I lsaw that, in addition to being a chef, Fred is also quite the comedian! It was a very pleasant experience... my first at a B&B.

Stayed October 2006
1 Thank ReallyNice
Northern Virginia
Reviewed October 27, 2006

We spent five nights at the Chapman Inn in September 2006. By all odds it was the most pleasant hotel experience we have ever had in this country. The breakfasts were excellent, and plentiful. The room was excellent. And, perhaps best of all, the Chapman Inn folks were wonderful - enjoyable to talk with, they made our stay there so delightful. We cannot recall ever before actually hugging our hotel hosts when we left!

And on top of all this, the price for the 5 nights was very reasonable!

We recommend staying at the Chapman to anyone.

---Bob and Mary Tripp, Reston, VA

Stayed September 2006
2 Thank BerkMan
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed October 13, 2006

The Inn is nice looking and right on the Bethel Green..down the street there is a pub in The Sudbury Inn which is a fun place to spend a couple of hours at night. The breakfast was good and the price for the room reasonable considering that breakfast is included. Also the Inn was clean and the rooms attractive. There is also a safe parking area.
The negatives are that there are 3 animals living in the Inn, two long haired dogs and a cat. If you are allergic to animals or not an animal lover this might not be the place for you. Also our toilet ran all night. Luckily closing the bathroom door took care of the noise. The bed was lovely but in need of repair. It creaked and I could rock the headboard back and forth.
With some minor repair work this Inn could get a much better rating from me. Also on a chilly morning it would have been nice to see a fire in the fireplace. There was a nice group of people at breakfast who seemed to be enjoying the Inn. I guess I am a fuss pot but I feel I owe it to the TA readers to give you my impressions good and bad.

• Stayed October 2006
2 Thank chachacheech
Lincolnshire, IL
Reviewed July 10, 2006

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Room 9 on July 7 and 8, 2006. Sandra and Fred were great and the breakfast was terrific. The room and bathroom were very clean and comfortable. Having traveled to Europe, Asia, South America, and Australia for both business and pleasure over the past 25 years, I found this stay to be one of my favorite experiences.

The amazing fact is that had I read the other reviews before my trip, I would not have even considered this place. I completely understand why the reviewers wrote the comments that they submitted and, oddly enough, I can’t refute their statements. The difference is that I liked the Chapman Inn for many of the same reasons that the others didn’t.

I liked the circa 1865 sloping floor that required shimming of the bed posts. Sandra said that our room was used as a birthing room. Yes, it is true, that the exercise room merely consists of a two station residential Weider machine. However, I was able to do curls, bench presses, leg presses, leg curls, butterflies, lat pull downs, and countless others.

A Bed & Breakfast is someone’s home that is opened to guests. My home isn’t perfect and neither is the Chapman Inn. For me, the experience begins and ends with the home owners. Sandra and Fred made us feel very comfortable and welcome. I especially enjoyed Sandra’s information on the history of the house and her other unique stories. Be sure to ask her about them.

In short, the Chapman Inn is clean, safe and comfortable with a great breakfast.

• Stayed July 2006
2 Thank illinois52
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethel
Town & Country Inn and Resort
#3 of 15 in Bethel
Norseman Inn
Norseman Inn
#10 of 15 in Bethel

Been to Chapman Inn? Share your experiences!