“AMAZING!”
Review of Chapman Inn

Chapman Inn
Ranked #7 of 15 Bethel B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We visited the Chapman Inn in early November 2012. The Inn is absolutely perfect. The owners are the sweetest and friendliest couple you could ever hope to meet. The rooms themselves are spacious with comfortable beds (I slept like a log) with very homely decorations. The breakfast in the morning was outrageously good with delicious coffee, freshly-baked blueberry muffins, omelettes made to order and freshly-squeezed juices. The incredibly friendly Fred told us about the area and told some very funny stories. Overall, a really lovely place with a great atmosphere.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Chapman Inn

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Just spent a weekend with my teenage son skiing at Sunday River in Maine. We stayed at the Chapmann Inn and had a great time. (We've been there a few times before over the course of over a decade.) Innkeepers Fred and Sandra are friendly and welcoming. Standout feature is a full hot breakfast, not only tasty but it's good to start a ski day with a belly full of solid food. I had a wild mushroom omelet today and my son had blueberry pancakes, both cooked to order. The Inn dates from the mid-19th century and is nicely decorated and very comfortable and clean. Floors slope noticeably which is part of the charm. (If you are looking for a Holiday Inn type of experience where you could be anywhere - and therefore nowhere - this is not your place!) Age of the building notwithstanding, the Wi-Fi works fine. The Inn was quiet at night despite being on a main street (OK, this is Bethel, ME, not NYC). For a budget experience, you can stay in the barn, which is a big space subdivided into semi-private sleeping areas. We did that once a while ago: a great deal for only $35 (full breakfast included), but be forewarned that if there's a large group in the barn with you, you may feel like you've crashed someone else's party.
In summary, Chapmann Inn is a great place to stay, highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Our group visits a different B&B every year. Chapman Inn gets an A+ for rooms, food, location and our friendly and accommodating hosts Sandy & Fred. Above and beyond any of our previous experiences, we all say "thank you"!! The breakfasts were unbelievable and loved the muffins. If you truly want to escape everyday life and feel "in nature", the Chapman Inn is the place for you! I can't say enough about the bed and breakfast. We had an amazing time.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed during a weekend in March for a ski trip to Sunday River. The location was very close to the mountain so that was a plus. I did feel like the place was pretty run down...stained and torn lamp shades, stained sheets, musty smell in the bedroom, and tv cords and wires all hanging down the wall. I also thought the room and bathroom, especially, were freeeezing and the toilet was so close to the wall it was difficult to sit down! There was some hair found in the bed and in the sink, etc. I guess I'm just used to B&B's that are little more put together. I'm glad I was able to ski during the day and go out for dinner at night because I didn't want to spend more time than necessary in the room. The bed was so-so and the pillows were flat.

The inn keeper, Sandra, seemed nice, but I only had contact with her briefly when I checked in. The other inn keeper, Fred, makes a nice breakfast in the morning - the blueberry muffins are to die for. He is pretty chatty in the morning, which for some people is great, I'm just not a morning person.

Overall the Chapman Inn did it's job of giving me a place to stay for the night, but next time I'll go elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LoLoCaCho
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed at the Chapman Inn for 2 weekends in January and February. The rooms were very nice and the breakfast is also very good. The inn keepers are very friendly and hospitable. Their are plenty of restaurants with in walking distance of the inn and it is also very convenient to Sunday river (about a 10 min drive). Would highly recommend staying here if you are planning a Ski trip to Sunday River, or are in the area for any other reason.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2013

My brother and I stay at the Chapman Inn with our "Adult Children" for a ski vacation. We choose to go midweek and the young adults, all 8 of them stay in the dorm while we enjoy the comforts of either room 2 or 4. Fred and Sandra are wonderful host, and the breakfast is great before hitting the slopes. We so enjoy the dorm with a large place for us to play cards, cook up a meal and have a few beers after a long day of skiing. The Inn is close to Sunday River and Main street is a few minutes away.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethel
Mt Madison Inn & Suites
#4 of 15 in Bethel
The Victoria Inn
The Victoria Inn
#8 of 15 in Bethel

Been to Chapman Inn? Share your experiences!