“Had some great wings and beer!!!...nice bartender”
Review of Sud's Pub

Sud's Pub
Ranked #8 of 35 Restaurants in Bethel
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Description: Suds Pub has been an icon in Bethel, Maine for over a quarter century, welcoming locals and visitors alike. Family friendly, unpretentious and great value for money. Open every day from 11.30 For lunch, dinner and late night, with live music Thursday (open mike night), Friday and Saturday nights. Specialties include our hugely popular pizza: a small one topping pizza is available in the pub on Tuesday nights for only $5. Bed and breakfast accommodation is also available in the Sudbury Inn directly upstairs.
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Our host at the Holidae House sent us to Suds. I was pleased to find that the name is derived from the Sudbury Inn. It is a cool bar under the inn with lots of ski memorabilia. I would love to visit during ski season.

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We were excited to try this place after reading the reviews, but found ourselves disappointed. They have lots of taps, but just average stuff, nothing to get excited about unless you like a large selection of average beers. If you have that many taps, why not get beers that you can't find anywhere else? Service was totally inattentive, server was clearly weeded by a few big tables. If he had just checked in a few times it would have been fine, but he just ignored us. Luckily the kitchen was fast, otherwise this would have been an overall horrible experience. Oh and the flies hovering around us during our meal sealed the deal, we won't be back.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

The menu is basic bar and family friendly, but good. The service is good, but not so fast when the place is hopping. The music is always fun. A real local place. Not fancy. Pull up a bar stool or get a little closer to the band if you don't want a lot of small talk . Entertainment varies. Check it out. Price is right.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Lots of beverage choices including 25 beer taps. Did not try food but it looked good and there were many families eating which is a good sign to me. Bartender was friendly and attentive.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I visited Suds twice in my recent trip to Bethel, once for dinner and once for lunch. Pizza for dinner was really good, selection of beer was superior. My husband and I went for lunch a few days later, and he's still raving about the bison burger with bacon and bleu cheese. I had the steak bomb which was decent. The gentleman who waited on us at lunch was terrific- really personable! Wish I had caught his name, so I could give props where they're due. Will definately be back if my travels carry me to Bethel again.

caza1ou, Owner at Sud's Pub, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Cheri,

Thank you for you lovely review - it's great to know when we are doing something right.

Without knowing what day of the week you were there it's difficult for me to say who your lunch bartender was, either Dan, George or Mickey. They are all splendid though!

We look forward to seeing you again next time, Ali.

Been to Sud's Pub? Share your experiences!