The Victoria Inn
Holidae House Bed & Breakfast(Bethel)(Great Value!)
$135
The Bethel Inn Resort(Bethel)(Great Value!)
$188
$140
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $159/night.

$125
$96
Chapman Inn(Bethel)(Great Value!)
$119
Mountain Village Lodge(Bethel)(Great Value!)
$109
Agoda.com
Travelocity
The Inn at the Rostay(Bethel)(Great Value!)
$145
Orbitz.com
$145
Norseman Inn(Bethel)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnext morninghomemade granolasunday riverbaconhuge bathroomfront porcheggsbreakfast was deliciousfabulous staybethel mainemain streetoff seasonbethel areapatloftskiingfoyer
Reviewed October 7, 2014

Arrived late in the afternoon, we're showing to my room by doing a Pat. The room was spacious and well decorated.
Very much enjoyed the breakfast the next day,
I found the rates very reasonable,breakfast was delicious, definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed October 4, 2014

I am not a fan of B&b's as a rule, so read this knowing that. The house is beautiful, interesting furnishings, seems historically accurate. Was a little nervous when we pulled up as the outside is a bit overgrown and sign out front is broken. Once inside things looked better. Charming decor. Our room was small, with a huge, nice bathroom. It was a bit chilly. There was a thermostat in the room, but it did nothing. There was however a very warm extra blanket which did the trick. My husband and I both commented the next morning that we had the best nights sleep of our entire vacation...very comfortable beds. The room had a window facing the street. There were curtains that didn't completely close and no shade to pull down. All in all however it was a nice stay for a night. Pat the proprietor was very nice and helpful. Breakfast was outstanding...cream cheese blueberry French toast and awesome homemade granola. Wifi is totally unreliable, goes in and out...disappointing.

Room Tip: Ask not to have room 17 unless they put a shade on the window.
  • Stayed: October 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2014

What a sad old house,must have been beautiful in its day but now so run down & dirty. The only good thing was a powerful shower. !! When we walked in the smell of smoke was horrible,musty old carpets & shabby paint work. Our room was big & had very poor lighting,only one bedside table & bedside lamp so we had to move another small table & a standard lamp from across the room to be able to read in bed ............. mind you we then couldn't use the tv because not enough power points !!! There were wall lights but only one had a bulb in it. The blinds were badly stained & did not pull up & down well, in fact one had the cored wrapped around the top to keep it open.The worst thing was the plumbing,so noisey ,all the time we could hear running water & pipes filling & emptying. Had to find the owner in her office which was next to the kitchen & was shocked to see how dirty the kitchen was. The whole place needs a good clean & major renovations. Leaving the vacuum, brush & cleaning products out on the landing does not make a clean house. So glad we only booked for one night & would not ever stay here again. Find somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank kiwigypsey
Reviewed September 5, 2014

We know Bethel a little. We usually stay elsewhere. We approached the Inn from north Main Street. It looked stunning. Once there , we did notice a vacancy sign that was broken. Made me a little nervous. I met the innkeeper. She was friendly and accommodating. I picked the room I wanted , which was 1.
When we came back from golf & dinner (at the Funky Red Barn restaurant & bar , which was very good & very fun, 10.00 prime rib dinner on Thursdays, one block away) I poured myself a glass of wine and sat on the porch for at least an hour. We Slept great on the king bed, the bathroom was beautiful. In the a.m. we went to down to breakfast. We were greeted by the female cook-waitress person. She made my husbands breakfast to order, with perfection. Dated music from the 40s played while we enjoyed our breakfast. Try the homemade oatmeal-molasses bread, to die for! We shall return! Lois V

• Stayed: September 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2014 via mobile

After trying to confirm our online reservation for 4 days, I finally received an email conformation. I called on day three and spoke with Pat the owner, who was curt and said she would get back to me on two hours,which turned into two days.
Upon our arrival we were met with a note saying we had an upgrade. We entered the room and it smelled damp and everything was covered in dust.
Breakfast the first day Pat asked the nature of my boyfriends and my relationship, prompting with 'are you brother & sister?' After several more minutes of uncomfortable conversation (her discomfort with same sex couples staying there, etc) we began our day out of that place.
Upon check out she overcharged me (we were quoted $238 but charged $478!). She asked several times that I give her a good trip advisor review 'because people were mean on the site and it was making her drink.' When we got home, I realized she grossly over charged me and I called her. She said she would cancel the charge and would run the right charge. After calling my bank, I was notified that she has to refund the charge, and that all the money had been
deposited into her account. Both the $478 & the $238!

After speaking to her again this morning and getting nowhere in terms of a refund, she did cancel the charge but doesn't think she needs to go an additional step in refunding as my bank stated, I'm letting the bank handle this. And possibly a lawyer if it doesn't get dealt with.

I don't make a lot of money, and this was supposed to be a special first time trip with my boyfriend. Now my bank account is overdrawn and I'm biter and angry. Please save yourself the trouble and stay elsewhere! These reviews are all accurate and I wish I would have read them before booking our stay. Some people aren't cut out for the hospitality business, and this is a shining example. Where's Gordan Ramsey when you need him?!

• Stayed: August 2014