“Authentic BBQ in an Old Camper in Maine?...YUP”
Review of Smokin' Good BBQ

Smokin' Good BBQ
Ranked #8 of 37 Restaurants in Bethel
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Just past the Sunday River Ski Resort in Bethel Maine is one of the best BBQ joints in the state. It is a perfect roadside dive, just as BBQ shacks should be.The old mini camper has been painted an ugly orange and then graffitied by a few thousand tourists over the years (including now me), but you just can't help but stop the car as the smell of slow cooked pork and beef brisket permeate the air around you. There are 6 picnic tables that surround the camper and a soda machine to the side of it that provides your beverages, and all the cooking is done in a smoker beside it. The menu is traditional BBQ, both of the Texas variety and the North Carolina variety. Pork, Brisket, Hot links, Corn Bread , slaw, beans and pickles. Its all here and also smoked cashews! Simone ordered the hot mess know as the BBQ Sundae. Pulled vinegary smoked pork is piled on top of moist whole wheat cornbread, then topped with mustard slaw, BBQ baked beans and to add some spicy crunch, hot smoked cashews with a drizzle of sweet sauce over the whole mountain. This was a delicious food adventure and Simone finished it all. I was so proud. I wanted to keep all my food separate so I ordered a mixed plate of pulled pork, brisket, beans, slaw cornbread and pickles. The brisket was perfection. A nice smokey pink ring surrounded the moist fall apart tender hunks of beef and the smokey goodness could be tasted throughout each bite. It was mixed up with the burnt ends of the brisket adding yet another layer of deliciousness. The overly sweet sauce was served on the side but I opted not to use it as it actually took away from the flavors of the beef. The pulled pork was just okay for me as I am not a huge fan of the vinegar Carolina style..but if you do like that regions BBQ then I imagine you would enjoy it more then I did. The beans were very good, just the right amount of tenderness and sweet but smokey flavor. The mustard dressing on the slaw was different, a little sweet and a little spicy but alot good. Overall I think this is arguably the best BBQ I have had in Maine and I will certainly be a repeat customer when I'm in town. 4 Stars

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Wonderful place to grab a quick and filling smoky bite after a long day of skiing. You can eat in your car or on a couple of picnic tables they have. Food is great, owners are nice... Wipe ur hands abd keep going.. Will surely become a routine whenever I am @ Sunday River. Keep in mind that it is Not cheap...

Reviewed November 8, 2012

true BBQ for those north of the Mason-Dixie line. Price is alright for the dinner plate, however the area caters to the more affluent.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I got the 3 meat platter with the pulled pork, beef brisket, chicken and cornbread ,beans and cole slaw as sides. I liked the pork and brisket the best and the sides where also good. Also tried were pulled pork sandwich and full rack of ribs. Pulled pork sandwich got a big thumbs up.

1  Thank TravelingtheUS
Reviewed July 23, 2012

If you're looking for amazing barbeque, look no further! This place is amazing and they have it down pat! The beef brisket and pulled pork was the BEST I've ever had and have eaten barbeque all over the country! Get the spicy barbeque sauce on the side made with chipolte peppers, you won't be sorry.

2  Thank tbird1975