“So good we came back”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mill Hill Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bethel
Mill Hill Inn
Ranked #2 of 15 Bethel B&B and Inns
“So good we came back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I don't know where the last reviewers ate but It doesn't sound like Mill Hill. We drifted in after being turned off by the service (ZERO) at Gideon House one night last week and had a) great martinis - and we know our martinis - including a local Maine vodka martini b) excellent hummus and roasted red pepper dip c) yummy mains/tapas style plates and finally a mind bogglingly good chocolate/espresso cake that we had to take away. Good wine selections also and fun, friendly service. After that we returned and had the same level of experience. No this isn't a city-slick operation and no they don't have pepper grinders at the table - maybe that's because Woody gets the seasoning right up front - but it is friendly and efficient. Timing of courses was perfect as was dealing with the bill.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
West Midlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here with my husband and 5 year old daughter during February half term for a skiing holiday. The Inn feels like home as many of the reviewers have written. We chose to stay in town as my husband is a non skier but it works well for both. Sunday RIver is a short drive from the Inn and there is also a ski bus which passes the property. Woody's cuisine is top drawer and a different breakfast is served each morning ranging from breakfast burritos to eggs, sausage and pop ups (Yorkshire Puddings). The evening bistro is fantastic with a Tapas menu with a twist. The small plates menu is a welcome change to the large US portions. However, staying in town gives you walkable distance to other eateries if you choose. Many of the other guests keep returning which speaks volumes. We hope to return too. Oh I forgot to mention the comfort and size of the beds fabulous!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed at the Mill Hill Inn a few nights a week for several months when I was working in the area. I tried a couple of other spots before finding this one, unfortunately. From the first day I walked in until the last, I felt like I was home! My room was always clean and cozy (the puffy down comforter was HEAVEN) with accents from local artists adorning the walls and surfaces. During the summer, the porch was the perfect spot to sip a drink and wind down the day. During the winter, you'd find me cozy by the wood stove

Woody's tapas menu is such a fresh take from other restaurants in the area (try the baked brie!) and Aaron makes an unrivaled Martini. No matter how "regular" I was they always exceeded my expectations in service and quality. (And taste!)

I came for the room, but I stayed for the food, atmosphere, conversation and the people who became my family at my home away from home!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

My daughter, my parents and I stayed at the Mill Hill Inn this past weekend, and the experience went beyond expectations. Woody, the owner, was present most of the weekend, and was engaging and knowledgeable about the area. The rooms were very nice, with comfortable beds and nice sized windows. Top marks go to the restaurant, where we had dinner both Friday and Saturday nights. The food was fantastic, with a wide selection and a good wine list. Saturday night there was a live singer/guitar player that added to the fun.

The location is very convenient to Gould Academy, where I had 7am breakfast Saturday morning - it was a 3 minute walk. I highly recommend Mill Hill Inn.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor, above the lobby area. I heard some activity downstairs up until abou...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Redondo Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

We were shocked at the service of this B&B. Outstanding rooms, extremely cozy "family room", billiard room, and eating area. Innkeeper was very accommodating and made the greatest sweet potato and black bean quesadilla ever created. Outstanding beer and wine selection. Breakfast was the cherry on top. Coming from California, we will be back again, guaranteed.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CollegeSwimmer
South Portland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed in the Newry/Bethel Area for a wedding we were photographing – Maine Photogirls. As a fellow Mainer, we found this Inn to be really what we are all about here in Maine – Friendly, comfortable, laid back and relaxing. It was so wonderful- So glad we found this place! The Inn was easy to find and walking distance to downtown area. Our room was comfortable and cozy, we loved the feel of the Inn. Not stuffy, but like a home… It was also the BEST breakfast hands down included with a room we have had to date! And the dinner the night before was awesome too! And the Blueberry Margarita won an award this past year… it was very tasty. I highly recommend this great spot, clearly my new favorite nook in bethel area no matter the season. I will be back for certain!

Room Tip: I would call the Inn before choosing your room - Woody, the owner, was really helpful to deterime ou...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed here for skiing at Sunday River. Good location, not on mountain, but on free mountain explorer public shuttle route. Great for teens who want to be on their own schedule. Great ambience, leather couches, bar and wood fire in common area. live music on Sat night. Wonderful innkeeper, he changed his breakfast menu to satisfy our fussy sons. Thank you, Woody!

At night there is a small restaurant/bar. This is the absolutely the best food in Bethel! We have been coming here for years, have eaten pretty much everywhere in town, found most of he food merely "ok". But this is fantastic! Superfresh, reasonably priced, definitely made to order. Awesome.

No tv in rooms, this is a new experience for us, but we don't miss it due to excellent free wifi connection.

We have been up here for three weekends, stayed in different rooms each time, and the beds in each one are excellent. Even the morning coffee is extra good, served in beautiful handmade mugs.

The availability of the downstairs lounge would be great for parents of school age kids, leave the kids upstairs with pizza (which can be prepared inhouse) and enjoy a chance for grownup fun without leaving the building, no babysitter required.

Looking forward to our next visit!

Room Tip: The suites are a great option for families
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethel
Town & Country Inn and Resort
#8 of 15 in Bethel
The Inn at the Rostay
The Inn at the Rostay
#3 of 15 in Bethel

Been to Mill Hill Inn? Share your experiences!