“What a waste....”
Review of Pat's Pizza - CLOSED

Pat's Pizza
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza, Healthy
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Homemade Pizza Dough and Pizza Sauce made fresh daily, Homemade Sausage Soup, Lasagna, Eggplant Parm & Chicken Parm. Now offering Gluten Free Dough and Beer. Six page menu, Wine -Beer-Spirits. Enjoy our Post & Beam atmosphere. Decorated with the works of many local artists, Richard Duka, Tony Andrews, Ken Irons, Donna Gillis Owners Donna & John Gillis on premises. Celebrating 21 years in Bethel.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a waste....”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

The tip is taken out automatically no working for it. 18% goes right in her pocket regardless of if her service is worth your dollar. 50$ for three people if I had known that going through the door we would have gone to olive garden at least there the food is good and I can tip what I see fit. Im appalled disgusted and still pissed. Bad food sub par service not impressed. Shameful place

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank bj1006
patspizza, Owner at Pat's Pizza, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
As the owner of Pat's Pizza, I am very disheartened that you had such a bad experience at Pats.
I remember seeing your table, there where 10 in your party and you asked for 3 separate checks. Every restaurant has a clause on there menu that for parties 8 or more an automatic gratuity may be added. Just because a gratuity is added does not mean that you have to pay the gratuity. You are only responsible to pay for the food, drinks and taxes. No restaurant can make you pay a gratuity.

I was not made aware of any problems with the food. Which I would have reviewed and corrected promptly. I don't understand why the onion rings where dripping in oil, because we do not have fryolators, everything is baked without any added oil. I would have liked to have had the oppurtunity to make good for your concerns.

These words are not being written to make right, what was wrong. Because there is no way to do that once you leave the building. These words are only being written to respond to you and to
make you aware that your message has been received and is being reviewed.

We have a staff of 19 people that work very hard. Your review will be printed for all of them to see so that we can do our jobs better.

Toledo, Ohio
“Pretty good.”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stopped in because they had gluten free pizza. Wasn't thrilled with it, but my husband liked his meal. Decorated with eclectic local crafts. Service was good.

Visited June 2013
Maine
“Great pizza, very good value”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We got a half garlic and tomato pizza, and pepperoni. They have the little pepperonis the pizza was fantasic. Service was quick and great!

Visited January 2013
Halifax
“WORST PIZZA I HAVE EVER EATEN - CANNED MUSHROOMS? REALLY?”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We ordered a large mushroom, green pepper and salami pizza and a children's pasta and sauce.

Pizza
Green peppers were raw
Mushrooms were from a can. That's a first! Really??? Canned mushrooms? How chintzy is that?
Salami had no taste at all - how can salami have no flavor?
Sauce tasted like canned tomato paste. Gross. No seasoning.
The crust was not cooked
The cheese was not melted
Huge puddle of grease under the crust

We ate 3 slices and threw it away.. I nave never thrown out pizza.

Our daughter ordered pasta and sauce. The curly pasta was over cooked to mush and freezing cold. The sauce was tomato paste with a fleck of green something in it. Maybe basil but somehow I doubt it. Again, it was so bad we threw it out.

We ordered this as a take out and they could not provide utensils nor did they seem to care. How are you supposed to eat take out pasta with no fork?

After driving all day we were starving and this was a huge disappointment. We all agreed that frozen pizza is 10 x better than this slop.

The bill was over $20.

I would not even give this a 1 star but there was no option for zero which is what it is worth.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank ochien
patspizza, Owner at Pat's Pizza, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
It is very disheartening to all of us at Pat's Pizza to receive such a negative review.
Our staff works very hard at pleasing our customers.

As for the mushrooms, we have fresh mushrooms and canned mushrooms. The customer should have asked for fresh mushrooms. Not everyone likes fresh. mushrooms so we offer both. On the day that this particular customer came into Pat's Pizza. We served over 250 pizza's within the 4 hours that dinner was being served. We did run out of plastic forks, and offered spoons. It was our busiest day in the entire year. We are very sorry that this person
did not give us the oppurtunity to make good for her bad experience.
Ashland, Ohio
“Good deal on the loaded nachos, lotsa beer and late hours”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My wife and I had the muchies near quitting time for Pat's. We were able to get in and get the loaded nachos, which was HUGE and comes with cheese and chili when it's loaded. Really hit the spot. Casual, comfortable ambiance like a hunting cabin. TV's to catch a game. I imagine that they're open late for snow season. We went in November the first week Sunday River was open for business.

• Visited November 2012