“excellent greasy spoon!”

Cuisines: American, Diner, Pizza
Stockholm, Sweden
“excellent greasy spoon!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was a great place to get your typical American greasy spoon breakfast. Everything we had was tastey, the service excellent and the prices very reasonable, they aren't trying to stiff the ski resort out of towners like the places closer to Sunday River Ski Resort.

Visited January 2012

DeLand, Florida
“Decent food, terrible service”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I had the opportunity to have breakfast here on consecutive days. The first day the server never actually came to my table, but called across the room to ask if I wanted coffee. She brought the coffee and took my order without ever cracking a smile.
The second day I sat at the counter hoping for a better experience. Indeed, the woman behind the counter was quite pleasant. Unfortunately, she somehow forgot to place my order with the cook and I waited for 10 minutes before she asked if I'd received my eggs and and realized the cook had no idea I was waiting. My next long wait was between the time I finished breakfast and coffee and the arrival of the check. One must wonder how people who work for tips have failed to figure out what it is that encourage customers to be generous. Indifference is clearly not one of them.

• Visited June 2012
“Small town dining experience.”
Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

Don't expect much other than a decent meal when you enter the Crossroads diner. We ate breakfast there and left satisfied with the meal.

Maine
“Great diner”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

You get good, comfort food and a great price! The potatoes at breakfast were soooo good, almost had a creamy texture!

Visited June 2012
Abingdon, MD
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

This restaurant was recommended to me by the Inn at the Rostay as a good place for Breakfast. I was not disappointed!

When I arrived a few tables were available. Shortly after my arrival all the tables were occupied, but new arrivals did not appear to have to wait very long to be seated.

Within a minute of two of sitting down the waitress arrived and asked if I would like cup of coffee while I looked at the menu. The coffee was promptly delivered. A few minutes later she returned to take my order. Within about ten minutes my Breakfast was delivered by the Chef. The meal was perfectly cooked. There was a brief delay in delivering the juice I ordered, but nothing out of line with the volume of customers being served by only one waitress on duty. By the time I finished my Breakfast two additional waitresses had appeared and things were running very smoothly.

It was a joy to have breakfast in a restaurant with the doors and windows open allowing a fresh breeze to blow through the restaurant.

I will definitely be returning for Breakfast when I am in the area. You cannot get a better meal for the price!

• Visited May 2012