“Perfect”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bethel
Bethel Village Motel
Ranked #7 of 15 Bethel B&B and Inns
Wadhurst
“Perfect”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

We stayed at the Bethel Village Motel in September as part of a road trip and found it to be the most pleasant, comfortable, quiet and reasonably priced location - in fact we stayed two nights which is very unusual for us! I have just read the 'disappointed' review below and really couldn't understand it. All in all, we can completely recommend the motel and more importantly, Ruthie's pumpkin pie!

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Was expecting more given the previous reviews which were good . Owner greeted us with a smile and things went downhill from there. Furnishings gave me the creeps. Needs to be updated badly. Bathroom vanity had to be there from the 60's or 70's. Couldn't tell if the carpet was clean because it looked so very old and worn.
A train came through town at night, but it was so loud that it woke us up and sounded like it was in the next room. Try another place in town and skip this one.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 14, 2011

Ruthie's is my favorite place to stay when skiing at Sunday River. It's right in the center of the village. The rooms are simple but clean, renovated and comfortable. And you can't beat the price or how friendly Ruthie herself is. I've been going for a few years, and I've noticed constant renovations and little refreshes that keep the place in great shape. It's nothing fancy, but I've tried other nearby places that claim to be fancy. I always wish I'd just gone back to Ruthie's. The rooms are on the 2nd floor and all open onto the porch which is so nice after a day of spring skiing.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
chicago
Reviewed January 22, 2011

I reserved two rooms for just one night because of a mix up with our Sunday River rental check in. I picked it mostly based on reviews on this site and we weren't disappointed. We loved it! Ruthie is super nice, I told her we would arrive a little late and she had the lights on and the heat on for us. The rooms are very cute, spotlessly clean and very "homey". The bathroom was small but super clean with really nice towels. There is coffee ready at the front desk at 6:30 and it is walking distance to plenty of restaurants and the grocery store. Refrigerators in every room and you can't beat the price! We'll go back for sure!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Gilford, New Hampshire
Reviewed September 13, 2010

I was in the Western Mountains and Lakes Region of Maine doing research for www.great-maine-vacations.com, and based on the positive reviews I read here, I stayed at Ruthie's Bethel Village Motel, and am VERY happy that I did. The motel was perfect for the type of trip I was on, and was spotlessly clean, quite comfortable, and I thought, well priced for value..

The motel is centrally located in the Village, within an easy walk to its bakeries/cafes, restaurants and shops, and right at the entrance to the highways that lead to Sunday River, Baxter State Park, and the Rangeley Lakes area. Ruthie was extremely helpful in suggesting which routes to take to optimize my time in the area.

As others have noted, the large coffee mugs, which you can take to your room, and the thick towels, were certainly something out of the ordinary for such an inexpensive motel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank mcctho
Maine
Reviewed March 22, 2010

If your focus is to ski, eat and sleep, this is a perfect place! Amazing value! Clean comfortable rooms. Grab a bagel at the bakery across the street (opens at 7AM), hit the slopes, grab dinner at one of many local restaurants, and crash! Perfect!!

Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Newport, RI
Reviewed February 8, 2010

My husband and five year old recently stayed at Ruthie's Bethel Village Motel for a skiing weekend. Sunday River is 10 minutes away.

Ruthie was lovely to speak to upon making our reservation. The motel is right on Main St. nearby to many conveniences - bakery, grocery store (steps away), banks, church, etc.

Upon arrival we were greeted by Ruthie who told us she had just turned on the lights and heat in our room for us. The room was countryish and cozy and she had even set up a little cot with children's sheets for our little boy. We found the mattress and pillows very comfortable (and this is coming from two who sleep on a king size Tempurpedic).

The bathroom though small - had big fluffy towels, fantastic hot water/pressure and was super bright and clean.

There is a fridge in all the rooms - super convenient.

TV reception was super.

Ruthie also had fresh coffee and big mugs in the office area ready at 6:30 every morning that you can take up to your room.

We LOVED staying here. Other than some street sounds, it was super quiet (walls are pretty good) the decor is charming, room was immaculate and we were very comfortable. For $65 a night - the accommodation just simply unbeatable.

We will not stay anywhere else unless we have to.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank MIslander
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethel
Royalty Inn
Holidae House Bed & Breakfast
Norseman Inn
Norseman Inn
#10 of 15 in Bethel

Been to Bethel Village Motel? Share your experiences!