Beaver Dam Campground
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$109
$79
$77
$88
$109
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We're finishing up our 3rd season at BeaverDam and we're already planning for next year. Great people, well run. A true family oriented campground. The owners are hard working and courteous. The rules are very clear but as two moms raising 2 kids, it's a pleasure to feel welcome and safe. The bathrooms are immaculate, the grounds expertly maintained. We've camped around a bit but there's no place I'd rather park my camper for a couple of months. Convenient to beaches, fine dining, summer stock theater and golf but far enough off the beaten track that you don't forget you're in Maine. Stick around for Saturday Night Bingo; a hoot! Check out the web-site for special themed weekends including Women's Weekend in October.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank lizhunt
Reviewed June 20, 2011

This CG could be great if it were not for the rude owners and staff. I booked 5 days and left voluntarily after 3. The staff yelled at my 2 girls ages 10 and 12 for riding bike, playing pay video games in the arcade and just about anytime they left are small camp site. They were so afraid they would not leave the camp site after day 2. I have very sweet well behaved kids that do not get in trouble. The staff at Beaver Dam ruined our trip and I will never return and will tell anyone with in earshot to think twice about going to Beaver Dam in Berwick, ME

16  Thank jjp52665
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Not bad for a quick 1 hour drive from home and picking it on a whim. We stayed here for 3 nights with our two kids ages 10 and 13. They loved the sandy beach at the pond and catching all the frogs they could. They never even went in the pool which looked ok. They caught fish right from the dock and our canoe. I saw other reviews where people had said they felt watched. I however did not feel that way and the park was completely full. I must say the rules are strict and layed out when you register (ie: quiet time is 10pm fires out at midnite) but, I didn't see anyone getting rowdy or loud and it was nice to sit by my campfire at night and hear the peace and quiet. They did not go patrolling constantly and I'm sure I could have sat by my fire in the quiet all nite without getting monitored. The seasonals are well kept and the ones by us that were actually there were friendly. The only time I saw the owners was at the store, cleaning the bathrooms, or picking up the trash...yes there are cans right near your site and they empty the trash for you....nice. We usually camp with a large and sometimes loud group and I would not recommend this campground for that. If you want to relax, unwind with your family, and feel safe letting the kids roam together, you can do that here because it is so small and quaint. There was only 1 planned activity over the weekend besides a movie that played each nite but, my kids are older and they didn't seem to mind. My kids loved it from day one. The sites are close together, close to your neighbor with no trees as a barrier. Our site atleast had trees on 1 side and was probably the best site in my opinion. Many sites are on the pond. The pond has quite alot of weeds so fish from the docks. They have a "Bark park" it is small and all rocks but, I have tiny dogs so, it was good for them. They have mini golf but, I saw noone playing as it is small and generic. Maybe little kids would be occupied by it. Coin operated showers, haven't seen these in a campground in awhile and well, really who likes paying a quarter to shower and have it run out. I say the owners should charge 25/50 cents more per nite if they must and do away with those antiques. Only 1 set of restrooms but, its a small park. Theres a dish cleaning station outside of the restrooms which is nice for tenters. It rained all day on Sunday, there were no activities and I think leaving the TV room open with the Disney channel playing would have been a great idea. The camp store closed at 6pm on Sunday. I think staying open to atleast 8pm especially on a rainy day and people are looking for things to do or a hot coffee would have been a good idea. Same for their snack shack... pizza sounded good on a rainy nite but, it was closed before 6pm. All and all we enjoyed our stay and plan on booking our same site for next year.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank CampingGoddess
Reviewed August 10, 2010

overall the campground was very nice,very well maintained and clean,most sites are too small and you're too close to neighbors,felt like owners were watching every move and ready to confront you at any time,won't go back

7  Thank tine052760
Reviewed July 22, 2010

Camping is like flipping a coin - it can go both ways. At Beaver Dam we hit the jack pot with amazing facilities, pool, beach and service. On top of that it's close to all the major tourist attractions in Maine without the hassle of traffic, noise and stress at night!

We already booked our spot # 1 for Summer of 2011 and will make this a tradition since the kids did not want to leave! Several locals come here year after year and mentioned it to be the best camping site to be found in Maine.

1  Thank Slangbella