“Best fresh food”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is a great place to come for fresh homemade food a surprise every time. Specials are fun to try and they always have something that appeals.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband and daughter went to the Village Inn in Belgrade last night. I would have to say this by far was one of the best dinner's we had in a long time. The staff was wonderful, and the onion soup was the best. My daughter had a glass of house wine and that tasted like the most expensive wine you could order. I had beef and it melted in your mouth. I would go back in a heart beat. the price it up there but well worth it.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Went to the Village Inn to use gift certificate. We had not been there for a couple of years as our last visit was mediocre at best. "He" loves duck, "I" can live without eating it, our last visit confirmed my choice, so I was not anxious to return. The restaurant looked like it had been updated and I must say quite nicely, it is an older building but I appreciate and enjoy the history behind it, the location is great. The menu was enticing and I am always more inclined to seafood, but when in Belgrade do as ,,,,anyhow you have to have the duck. There are numerous sauces to go with the duck and all of them are enticing. I choose the brandied black cherry which was served flambe style, hubby had the cranberry orange sauce both were delicious. The food was great, the wait staff were excellent and there is no doubt that we will return soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

For a special birthday celebration, my twin and I were treated to dinner at the Village Inn in Belgrade Lakes. There were 14 of us in the party and we were given a separate dining area upstairs all to ourselves. All the meals were delicious and the Inn accommodated tastes for 15 month olds, teenagers to vegetarians. The staff were very efficient, personable, and helpful.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Every year over Labor Day weekend we visit friends who own a home on the Belgrade Lakes. For the past few years part of our weekend includes dinner at the Village Inn. This year was no exception and our experience was excellent. Our reservation for six was welcomed by a very friendly hostess who seated us by the requested window view. Our server was very attentive and was helpful in describing in detai the evening specials. Cocktails were served in a timey manner and we did not feel rushed to place our orders although the Inn was quite busy. Charlie the owner whom we have known for quite awhile visited our table and spent a few minutes talking to us. The food we ordered was excellent and the portions were adequate. One of our friends unfortunately received a rather cold meal, which was promptly corrected. Here in my view was a good opportunity for the server to offer a complementary desert for the inconvenience to our friend. Not a big deal, but would have been a nice way to make up for the mistake. I am sure our Labor Day tradition will continue next year with a visit to the Village Inn.

Been to The Village Inn and Tavern? Share your experiences!