“What A DUMP”
Review of Loon Ridge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belgrade
Loon Ridge
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I went there, from Florida, this summer on a fishing trip. I looked at the web site and the place looked ok and I chose to make reservation. When I arrived it was nothing like I expected. WHAT A MISTAKE!

The “FULL KITCHEN” consisted of a small microwave and a hot plate. The shower stall was small and the bottom was rusted out, so the owner put a wood pallet with two rubber mats on the wood pallet to replace the bottom. No shower curtain, and outside the shower was the fuse box, so water could splash on it. When I tried to lie down in the bed, I looked like a hotdog in a roll; that is how soft the mattress was. I was bit by several spiders that were in the bed. Bugs on the counter, floor and in the garbage can. The owners need to learn how to clean, but when I looked into their home, it was just as dumpy as the cabins. I left that night and contacted the owner who said she "Would return my money" I never recieved the refund

I would not recommend this DUMP to anyone! Stay AWAY!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Joseph C
There are newer reviews for Loon Ridge

Reviewed October 3, 2011

A great getaway from Boston - the kids loved it - kayaking, swimming, fishing. The owners have a huge fire at night for sitting around, having fun, marshmallows....A great, affordable week. Can't wait to go back

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank HockeyDonna
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Abenakis All Season Camps is a beautiful, restful place, It is not far from the highway, restaurants, and shopping. The owners are wonderful, helpful people. Abenakis All Seasons Camps is a place to relax and do some kayaking. Just have fun. :)

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kathy K
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We have stayed here a few times year after year. The Owners go out of their way to make you comfortable as others have said & it is so peaceful. The cabins have a kitchenette which I enjoy as I love to cook even on vacation, but is also close enough to restaurants if you choose to eat out or shop. My favorite is the fishing, It's Great. I will return next year with my Grandchildren where I always feel safe with them. One time they had the pleasure of watching a moose swim across the stream. Great place for a Great time for all.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Judy M
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We stayed for a week and had a wonderful time. The owners go out of their way to make you comfortable and your stay more enjoyable. Cute, cozy and inexpensive summer cottages. The perfect summer getaway and the fish are always biting.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank dugaspat1
Reviewed September 21, 2011

My family and I have been vacationing at Abenakis since 1948. It is a quiet and peacefull place located on the Belgrade stream and Messalonski lake. The owners are great people, they do what ever they can to make your visit more enjoyable. The camp is just a few miles from a shopping center and places to eat out. By the way, the fishing is great.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Harold C
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Very cute cabins with kitchenette right on Belgrade Lake. Great view and lots to do. The owners were so great and helpful. Will definitely go back!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mel723
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belgrade
Hampton Inn Waterville
#2 of 6 in Waterville
Senator Inn & Spa
Senator Inn & Spa
#5 of 9 in Augusta

Been to Loon Ridge? Share your experiences!