We booked a remodeled king cottage (negative reviews must be for the older cottages and they do have different classes marked when you book). It was perfect. Nice clean full size shower. Fast wifi. Comfortable bedding and a small kitchenette. But that's not why to stay here. The view is beautiful. We had a cottage down by the water with a view from Camden to Blue Hill on a clear day. Isleboro Island is just beyond your reach out in Penobscot Bay. There is a place to build a bonfire down by the water (they provide the wood - you start the fire) and the makings for S'mores in the office. It is a short drive to restaurants and a couple of miles into Belfast for more choices. I will stay here again and hope this review doesn't make it harder to book next fall. Great for groups - just book individual cottages for quiet time and gather down at the beach for fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Colonial Gables Oceanfront Village, located in the mid-coast region, offers guest rooms and cottages in Belfast, Maine. All units have beautiful views of Penobscot Bay and the outer island of Islesboro. we are located on ten acres with easy access into the water for a refreshing swim. There is a children's playground area along with BBQ grills and picnic tables throughout the property. You will especially enjoy the beautiful grounds and lovely gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Colonial Gables Oceanfront Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colonial Gables Oceanfront Village Hotel Belfast
- Colonial Gables Oceanfront Village Belfast, Maine