“Anniversary Vacation”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Belfast
BAYTOWN
“Anniversary Vacation”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Million dollar view and very friendly ladies up front. Beautiful gardens by the office, do not miss them. We would recomend the motel though, our cottage was very dated. and out porch was the worst out of the bunch. The shower was so small you could hardly turn around and it you dropped the soap you would have had to step out of it entirley. The beds were clean and comfy. Our view was so beautiful it made up for the cottage. Maybe the othere cottages were better, but I snuck a peak inside the motel and really wished that I could have had that room. I would have been happier. The price was good, location was fabulous!

Room Tip: Stay in the motel. Dont pick the cottage that is just plain white because the porch is skimpy and th...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is a facility on the rocky coast of Maine. There is a hotel and a bunch of little cabins. I have stayed in both. The hotel is just that. Nothing great but acceptable, comfortable, clean place to stay with very nice ladies at the front. What make sit better than the "where am I?" sensation of waking up on the road in a "regular hotel" is that each room has a deck over looking the ocean. Quite nice. The cabins are a little more money...like 129 instead of 89 per night (I pay 189 on a highway!) but worth it, to me anyway. Some reviews complain about the size, or the furniture. But there is NOTHING wrong with them. Lap of luxury? no. Picky wife? Uhhh...might be ok but I think they are great! The last one I stayed in was on a hill and was a little warped like the old Batman show! But so what! $129 was a great value. It was clean, the bed was comfortable, TV and each one has its own deck with the ocean right there! On the beach! Now, we are not in the Carribean here. There is no white sand. I'm sure you can swim in it but it is rocky. If you want a week of sun and fun on the beach maybe check out somewhere else. But my blood pressure goes down as soon as I check in here...with a bottle of wine and my I Pod. BTW...Papa J's right next door, walking distance is awesome1 Seasonal.

Room Tip: Go with a cabin!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jambandguy
Somerset, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Upon arriving here, the staff we very acccomodating and friendly. We had planned this trip for seven months and were very much looking forward to what this facility stated they had to offer....peace and tranquility. In our opinion it far exceeded our expectations. The cottage we stayed in was beautiful and right on the Atlantic Ocean. We loved it so much we already booked again for next year. This literally is a little piece of paradise in Maine with its own private beach.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Denise H
Connecticut
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This was a last-minute, desperation booking: a reminder to plan ahead! The positives: the motel room was clean and quiet, with wi-fi access and a sweet little patio. The grounds were well cared-for. The ladies at the front desk were welcoming and it was, well, available. The negatives: the room (especially the bathroom) is very outdated and obviously fixed up on the cheap. The mattress was way softer than we prefer. The beach area was minimal, and the location too far to walk anywhere interesting. For half the price (nearly $150 with taxes and all) it would have been fair. For what we paid, though, it was not a good value.

Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I really loved this place. from the moment we were greeted by two charming ladies at check in I knew we would enjoy the privacy of this little throw back motel. We stayed in the motel unit, and it reminded me of the old beach motels of the sixties. A little dated but clean and comfortable. forget about flat screen tv's and bring your own hairdryer for a step back to a slower, more peaceful time. no loud music, no jocks trying to show off their sports prowess, no B.S. just the rocks, the water, and you. Of the dozen or so motels we stayed at on this trip up the eastern seaboard, this is the one I had the most concern about, but it turned out to be the most enjoyable of them all

2 Thank dougamsterdam
Florida
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed at Colonial Gables Oceanfront Village on the way back from Nova Scotia. The room was in the motel section (there are cabins available) overlooking Penobscot Bay.. The hostess was gracious and the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The rate was fair for a resort area. They could update their electric, although by switching things around I was able to connect what needed to be connected. No breakfast is offered. The Hideaway Diner which is south on route 1 is a good place to find breakfast then next day if you are headed toward southern Maine.

Room Tip: The motel section has king beds.
1 Thank TravelingDanMaine
Washington, Michigan
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Came across this in one of those little flyers for motels along the way you pick up at service courts for the best value. What a gem...Read the reviews and almost didn't go there.So glad we did...yes it's a very old little cottage with a tiny bathroom and ancient television...who cares...the bay was our front yard, we saw the sunrise over the water and the moon seamed to shine on the water right to our cottage porch...the beach is sand but the tide brings in snails and clam shells and small rocks a couple time a day sooo.... but the water is smooth and the swimming is lovely. There's a fire every night right next to the water. The little town of Belfast isn't like the other touristy towns with umpty nine places to buy t-shirts and crap. There aren't any. It's a town of shops that local artisans sell there wares. A couple pubs like Darcy's Irish Pub that is old but newly remodeled and friendly. Normal old Irish Pub where the whole family goes.Young's Lobster Pound is less than a mile up the road...was one of the restaurants rated best I ever ate on the Food Networks "On the Road "show with Michael Psilakis...so fun..you eat right out on the water on picnic tables and pick your own sea food(out of live tanks). The man next to us had a lobster claw as big as my head no kidding. Those folks were the friendliest people, I highly recommend going there at least once. By the way they don't serve alcohol but you can bring your own. Hanneford grocery store is about 3 miles away they have cold beer and the prices of everything there were cheaper than we pay at Meijer at home. Two our drive to Bay Harbor and Acadia if you want to make a day trip. If you do I recommend going early and having breakfast at a restaurant named "This Way Cafe"....yummm ...No kidding...but that's a whole other review....Just a special thank you to Stella.....We really enjoyed this stay...We needed a vacation and this was perfect. Wish I new how to get the photo's off my phone on to this review those alone are breathtaking...

Room Tip: I'm not sure how to say this we were in cottage 44 which everyone else says was horrid....we lov...
1 Thank Lictawa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belfast
Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge
#2 of 5 in Lincolnville
Yankee Clipper Motel
Yankee Clipper Motel
#2 of 8 in Belfast

Been to Colonial Gables Oceanfront Village? Share your experiences!