We stayed in cabin 33, recently renovated and found it to be extremely clean, very well appointed, with quality furnishings. The facilities were more than adequate for a very comfortable stay and the siting of no.33 could not have been much better, as we had superb views of Penobscot Bay, both from the porch and inside at least two rooms. They seem to have a policy of on-going renovations, so, if you book in advance, it pays to ask for a recently done cabin. As I have said, we can't vouch for the motel or all of the cabins, but we could not fault our particular one.
With regard to criticism of the sweet old lady who runs the complex, yes, her system may seem quaint to anyone used to more modern fast-track check-ins, but we found that to add to the relaxing atmosphere of the place. She, herself was very helpful and patient, especially when, we couldn't find no.33, when it was right under our noses.
In all we spent three very happy nights there and would go again like a shot if in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Colonial Gables Oceanfront Village, located in the mid-coast region, offers guest rooms and cottages in Belfast, Maine. All units have beautiful views of Penobscot Bay and the outer island of Islesboro. we are located on ten acres with easy access into the water for a refreshing swim. There is a children's playground area along with BBQ grills and picnic tables throughout the property. You will especially enjoy the beautiful grounds and lovely gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon and Priceline so you can book your Colonial Gables Oceanfront Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colonial Gables Oceanfront Village Hotel Belfast
- Colonial Gables Oceanfront Village Belfast, Maine