We stayed in an Ocean Front Cottage. The view from the bedroom, when we woke up at sunrise, was breathtaking. In the early morning, we spend almost 2hrs alone on the rocky beach with our 1 year old - it was lovely.
The check in/check out was a lesson in patience as they are not on a computer system. The cottage was very clean but had a slight damp air quality though it is virtually on the water so to be expected. It also had a "step back in time" quality and the beds were in rough shape. However for the price, and the amazing view I would not complain. An idyllic budget option.
There was also a playground and a fire-pit to roast smores etc on the beach in the evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Colonial Gables Oceanfront Village, located in the mid-coast region, offers guest rooms and cottages in Belfast, Maine. All units have beautiful views of Penobscot Bay and the outer island of Islesboro. we are located on ten acres with easy access into the water for a refreshing swim. There is a children's playground area along with BBQ grills and picnic tables throughout the property. You will especially enjoy the beautiful grounds and lovely gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Colonial Gables Oceanfront Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colonial Gables Oceanfront Village Hotel Belfast
- Colonial Gables Oceanfront Village Belfast, Maine