“Nice Find”

Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 5, 2007

The Oceans Edge was very clean and rooms where huge. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Most rooms have a nice few of the water. Price was very reasonable for just stopping and checking in for one night.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Blind-Willie
There are newer reviews for Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge

Reviewed June 6, 2007

Me and a friend stayed at the Ocean's Edge in May 2006 as part of vacation, my birthday trip. The staff, food, and property were EXCELLENT. The staff even sang happy birthday to me :). It's quite a drive (we took the train to Portland and then drove the 2 hours to Belfast) but well worth it. It's only 90 minuted for Acadia and close to Bangor and Augusta. I'd definitely return to this hotel. Way more than I expected for a Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled with friends
3  Thank CarlNova
Reviewed April 13, 2007

My favorite place to visit along the coast. All rooms are on the ocean side - with a deck to view the water and sunrise!! Breakfast is always a pleasant event -- love the belgian waffles!! Coffee and cookies in the lobby -- anytime! The rooms are always clean - and roomy. However, Suite Emily is my pick!! Hot tub for 4 in the room!! Overlooking the ocean -- full kitchen! Comfortable couch and chairs - along with TV/ VCR/DVD -- handicapped bathroom. Perfect for a group to join together for a good time!!

The staff is outstanding. Front Desk crew -- so friendly and helpful. Great people to talk with - work with - and get to know.
We will visit as often as possible. The dinner in the dining room is always top notch too!! Any special requests? Just ask. Everyone will help if they can.. Love the pool for us old folks, too!! Stairs to enter -- and entire pool same depth which is good for relaxing and just enjoying the warm water!!

Great job, folks!!! BEV

• Stayed: January 2007
3  Thank Beverlywm
Reviewed January 29, 2007

Visiting friends over the holidays, we needed a good place to stay with big rooms (travelling with two small kids, see) and preferably a pool. Ocean's Edge came recommended by the locals. And as TripAdvisor concurred, we booked it.

Our room was spacious, with comfortable beds, ample closet space and a good bathroom. Nothing fancy and a little worse for wear around the edges (like stained carpet, these funny little holes in our blankets and a faint but unmistakable pee-smell in our bathroom) but clean nontheless. And it had a door opening on one of the best views from a hotelroom in years!!

The breakfast was....well.... adequate I guess. I shall refrain from making comments on the quality of the coffee as this seems to be an American problem (being an educated European connaisseur, of course :-)) but it had cereal, bagels and fresh waffles you get to make yourself. It may have lent the place a more relaxed atmosphere, but nevertheless I was amazed to see how many people actually turned up wearing their pyamas.....

One of the best features of the Ocean's Edge is its pool. It's pretty large and about five feet deep which makes it good for kids. Mum and dad preferred the hot tub of course It was good to be in there and look out over the snowy lawn and a very, very cold ocean.

Staff are indeed very friendly, there' s an internet computer you can use, the chocolate chip cookies are yummy and the price is absolutely reasonable. So if your looking for a place to stay in Belfast, you could do a lot worse than the Ocean' s Edge.

And if your there, check out the Thai place across the road!!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank HaagseBluf
Reviewed November 27, 2006

We stay here when visiting nearby family. We stay for two or three nights at a time, about 8 times over the past three years. The front desk folks are always pleasant, and fresh chocolate chip cookies on check-in. This must be the best view from any Comfort Inn anywhere. Ask for a third floor room. Every room has a small balcony or patio overlooking Penobscot Bay. The rooms are basic, but we've always found them to be clean. The bath has a nightlight, a nice touch. There is noise through the walls and from the hall, but no worse than most hotels. It was most annoying the weekend a large bridal party stayed there. The Bangor paper is delivered to the room on weekdays.

The king suites on the third floor each have a small refrigerator and microwave in the sitting area (with sofa bed) separated from the bed area by the bath. The down side of these is they're at the top of the stairs and over the breakfast area so they're noisier than most rooms.

The continental breakfast is pretty extensive, but very carb heavy. They did add hard boiled eggs to the offerings recently, but fruit seems limited to a bowl of apples and oranges.

There's a pool on the first floor, and the smell of chlorine tends to waft through the first floor hall. Surprisingly crowded on a weekend last January... we were told lots of Maine families come to the coast in the wintertime for an escape. Pets are allowed on the first floor for a small fee. Decent onsite restaurant for dinner, tho we haven't eaten there since the chef left to open his own place this past spring.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wunderwoof
Reviewed November 11, 2006

I have stayed at this facility numerous times, and this is the first time that I can say I have not been totally satisfied. As always, I was traveling with a dog, and the Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge is very pet friendly and has a great area to walk a dog, going right down to the water. No problem there. The room was clean, as usual, and the breakfast was great---the usual waffles, eggs, bagels. cereal, muffins, etc. However, I have smoke allergies, so must book a non smoking room. The plaque on the door SAID it was non smoking, but when I went in, I knew someone had been smoking there. It was very strong, as was the sickly sweet chemical smell they had used to try to mask it. Plus, there was a cig. burn on the rug---more evidence. But, it was late, I was tired, and the hotel had many guests, so I just opened up the window, put on the fan, and endured it. I woke up with itchy eyes and a sore throat. If I had been staying for more than one night I would have insisted on a room change, and if having a non smoking room is important to you, be sure to stress that when you check in. Last year my friends had the same thing happen to them that happened to me there.

Aside from this, it was another good stay, and I will return with my dog, who loves it there. I will just be sure my non smoking room IS a non smoking room next time.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2006

My husband and I stayed at this Inn for 13 days, and all I can say is GREAT. We were there from 9/28 until 10/13 and found the property well staffed, very clean, very affordable, a great breakfast every morning and a great place to use as a home base while we traveled 150 miles in any direction. The view from the balconies facing the bay was beautiful. I must say the resturant on premises was vey good and very accodmodating to us for special diet and were eager to please. The beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GayeL
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belfast
Colonial Gables Oceanfront Village
Samoset Resort On The Ocean
Yankee Clipper Motel
Yankee Clipper Motel
#2 of 8 in Belfast

Been to Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge? Share your experiences!