We had a bit of an adventure at the Comfort Inn. We arrived on Saturday night of a very busy weekend and were assigned to room 117. When we got to the room, it had a strong damp, sweaty odor (in fact, the carpet was a bit damp). We asked to change rooms. At first we were told there were no other rooms, but then we were moved to another room that smelled much better. Unfortunately, the person who moved us forgot to update the computer. When we came back from swimming and dinner, our keys no longer worked and we found out our things had been removed from the room! They thought our stuff belonged to the people who had checked out that morning. At this point, we were told there were no other rooms except the smelly one, given some orange spray, and moved back in. Our rate was also reduced 50%. The next night, we were upgraded to a suite with a jacuzzi, living room and kitchen. I really thought the staff did their best to make it up to us.
If all this had not happened, I would still rate the Comfort Inn average -- the rooms are older, the finishes are average, and they use all paper and plasticware at breakfast instead of real dishes. And the rates are not particularly low (unless you happen to get a big discount like we did). On the good side, the indoor pool / hot tub area is nice and the ocean view is fantastic. It also appears to be a very pet friendly place -- we saw lots of dogs (all well behaved). I also really like the town of Belfast. When I return to the area next, I'll probably stay at the Strawberry Hill Seaside Inn in Rockport, which was nicer and a really good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every room has an ocean view, and includes all the amenities you would expect plus a refrigerator and microwave in every room. 2nd and 3rd floor rooms have a balcony, while 1st floor rooms have immediate pool access and a rear door that opens on to our ten acres leading to the water. The property features an indoor heated mineral pool, hot tub and sauna, game room, guest laundry facilities. Free hot breakfast and free WIFI are included. We are connected to Ocean's Edge Restaurant for fresh seafood, steaks and pasta served in a comfortable, casual atmosphere. Join us on the patio in summer for alfresco dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Ocean`s Edge Hotel Belfast
- Comfort Inn Belfast
- Belfast Comfort Inn
- Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge Belfast, Maine