“Superb Staff, Excellent Location Average Hotel”

Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersBronze level
Belfast, Maine
“Superb Staff, Excellent Location Average Hotel”
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Like the previous reviewer, I was with the same group. The staff is truly outstanding. It started with Sarah at the desk accommodating our large group (but all front desk staff were outstanding) and including one of the front desk personnel who prep'ed the continental breakfast early when she heard part of our group was going on a fishing excursion at 430AM. The chef/cook in the restaurant prepared our group's catch three different ways for our entire group when we returned that evening! Truly hospitable service and I felt it wasn't just because we were customers; it was sincere. The view is excellent as all rooms face the Bay. Rooms are average and clean, my only negative comment would be that the blinds on the doors (which go to individual porches facing the water- another plus), are not room darkening, so if you're a light sleeper, you'll be getting up early. You're on the Maine coast so consider it a free wake up call to get out and do something! Near by Camden has the most to offer, although Belfast has a few nice restaurants and pubs (I would not recommend Young's Lobster House however...it's pricey for a no-frills pier type restaurant). Enjoy your stay- we did!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Thank you for writing, detailing your stay at the Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge. I am pleased that you found the staff friendly and efficient and the facilities clean and comfortable. We continue to reinvest in the facility in both repairs and upgrades. And I am fortunate to work with people who really care about our guests' experiences. I hope that, should your travels bring you back to Belfast, you will allow us to serve as your host.

Barry Asalone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
New York
Reviewed July 18, 2010

I visited this hotel as part of a last minute assignment in the heart of tourism season for the area. Not only was the Comfort Inn able to accomodate the 11 members of my party, but they truly welcomed us. The staff in particular turned an already good visit (it is in a beautiful area of the country) into a wonderful one. Everyone from the front desk staff (particularly Sarah and Ryan) to the restaurant staff (particularly Garret and Jen) went out of their way to be helpful, friendly, and downright generous with their time, knowledge, and skills. They comprised one of the finest staffs I've seen in my vast experience of travel, both domestically and internationally. Bravo, Comfort Inn!!

1 Thank GovtTraveller27

Mount Washington Valley, NH
Reviewed July 15, 2010

The Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge was by far the most dog friendly hotel that I have stayed at with my golden retriever. My dog was able to feel right at home thanks in part to a large field that led to the edge of the bay. The room was clean and had no smell from previous dogs. The staff at the hotel were also extremely pleasant. I will definitely stay at this hotel when I return for my annual vacation to mid-coast Maine and Acadia.

• Stayed June 2010
Thank you for writing. I am pleased that you found the staff friendly and efficient and the facilities clean and comfortable. We do welcome pets, as they have become the children of many who travel. We continue to reinvest in the facility in both repairs and upgrades. And I am fortunate to work with people who really care about our guests' experiences. I hope that, should your travels bring you back to Belfast, you will allow us to serve as your host.

Hampden
Reviewed July 12, 2010

This was the most welcoming hotels I've ever stayed at. The view was beautiful, the staff were all wonderful. The food at the resturaunt was superb and I had one of the best night's sleep of my life. Far better than your regular Comfort Inn brands, the place was well worthy of it's multiple awards.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for writing, detailing your stay at the Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge. I welcome you comparison with Marriott and Hyatt, as I have worked for both chains. I have a good deal of respect for the performance of both.

Laconia,NH
Reviewed March 14, 2010

If you are going to Mid Coast Maine, and are Traveling with your Pet, this is the place to stay. My Grayhound Loved it. the room had a door that let you got out to walk and play. and the Staff was super. And Patrick on the frount was great.

• Stayed March 2010
Thank you for writing, detailing your stay at the Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge. I am pleased that you found the staff friendly and efficient and the facilities clean and comfortable and pet friendly. We continue to reinvest in the facility in both repairs and upgrades. And I am fortunate to work with people who really care about our guests' experiences. I hope that, should your travels bring you back to Belfast, you will allow us to serve as your host.

Boston, MA
Reviewed November 18, 2009

I stayed at the Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge for one night preceding an ice fishing trip in February. I found the Inn clean and comfortable, definitely above average compared to stays at similar properties. The views are amazing and the continental breakfast was great too. It was much better than what I had expected for Belfast, ME and the price was amazing ($77). I'll be returning again this year.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends

Hockessin, Delaware
Reviewed October 24, 2009

Just stayed at the Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge outside of Belfast. The hotel building is old but well kept and clean. You can hear people talking at normal conversation levels from the next room over. I've stayed in other hotels with the same problem and don't find it a deal breaker but it can be annoying. The hotel has king bed rooms and double bed rooms. It becomes obvioius that the king bed rooms are bigger than the double bed room. The king bed rooms are good sized and provide a sitting room with a small refrigerator, microwave and long counter. The room we had featured a relatively new large screen, flat panel TV. The HVAC system was a 1960's Holdiday Inn standard thru-the-wall AC/Heater unit that was too loud and had to be support by a small floor fan in order to get heat/AC to the sleeping area-- not an attractive feature. The room had a beautiful view of Penobscot Bay that totally offset the age of the building. There was a small patio with a couple of plastic chairs where you can sip wine at the end of the day a catch a glimpse of the sunset. That was very nice. There was an ample breakfast the next morning. Given the location and the alternatives in the area, it was a bargain for the money. Maine is a qwerky state in terms of lodging so this was typical of Maine to me. Would I stay there again? Yes, but it does have its drawbacks. It is not a Class A hotel but the owners do try to keep it up and make the best of what they have.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OldeBlueHen
Thank you for writing, detailing your stay at the Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge. I am pleased that you found the staff friendly. We have updated the suites, but still have the quirky issue about wher the airconditioning is. We continue to reinvest in the facility in both repairs and upgrades. I hope that, should your travels bring you back to Belfast, you will allow us to serve as your host.

Barry Asalone
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belfast
Colonial Gables Oceanfront Village
#2 of 5 in Lincolnville
Yankee Clipper Motel
Yankee Clipper Motel
#2 of 8 in Belfast

Been to Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge? Share your experiences!