“I've stayed at Marriotts and Hyatts and this was more comfortable than any of them. Felt like home.”

Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersBronze level
Hampden
Reviewed July 12, 2010

This was the most welcoming hotels I've ever stayed at. The view was beautiful, the staff were all wonderful. The food at the resturaunt was superb and I had one of the best night's sleep of my life. Far better than your regular Comfort Inn brands, the place was well worthy of it's multiple awards.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Thank you for writing, detailing your stay at the Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge. I welcome you comparison with Marriott and Hyatt, as I have worked for both chains. I have a good deal of respect for the performance of both.

Barry Asalone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Laconia,NH
Reviewed March 14, 2010

If you are going to Mid Coast Maine, and are Traveling with your Pet, this is the place to stay. My Grayhound Loved it. the room had a door that let you got out to walk and play. and the Staff was super. And Patrick on the frount was great.

• Stayed March 2010
Thank you for writing, detailing your stay at the Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge. I am pleased that you found the staff friendly and efficient and the facilities clean and comfortable and pet friendly. We continue to reinvest in the facility in both repairs and upgrades. And I am fortunate to work with people who really care about our guests' experiences. I hope that, should your travels bring you back to Belfast, you will allow us to serve as your host.

Boston, MA
Reviewed November 18, 2009

I stayed at the Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge for one night preceding an ice fishing trip in February. I found the Inn clean and comfortable, definitely above average compared to stays at similar properties. The views are amazing and the continental breakfast was great too. It was much better than what I had expected for Belfast, ME and the price was amazing ($77). I'll be returning again this year.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
Thank you for writing, detailing your stay at the Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge. I am pleased that you found the staff friendly and efficient and the facilities clean and comfortable. We continue to reinvest in the facility in both repairs and upgrades. And I am fortunate to work with people who really care about our guests' experiences. I hope that, should your travels bring you back to Belfast, you will allow us to serve as your host.

Hockessin, Delaware
Reviewed October 24, 2009

Just stayed at the Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge outside of Belfast. The hotel building is old but well kept and clean. You can hear people talking at normal conversation levels from the next room over. I've stayed in other hotels with the same problem and don't find it a deal breaker but it can be annoying. The hotel has king bed rooms and double bed rooms. It becomes obvioius that the king bed rooms are bigger than the double bed room. The king bed rooms are good sized and provide a sitting room with a small refrigerator, microwave and long counter. The room we had featured a relatively new large screen, flat panel TV. The HVAC system was a 1960's Holdiday Inn standard thru-the-wall AC/Heater unit that was too loud and had to be support by a small floor fan in order to get heat/AC to the sleeping area-- not an attractive feature. The room had a beautiful view of Penobscot Bay that totally offset the age of the building. There was a small patio with a couple of plastic chairs where you can sip wine at the end of the day a catch a glimpse of the sunset. That was very nice. There was an ample breakfast the next morning. Given the location and the alternatives in the area, it was a bargain for the money. Maine is a qwerky state in terms of lodging so this was typical of Maine to me. Would I stay there again? Yes, but it does have its drawbacks. It is not a Class A hotel but the owners do try to keep it up and make the best of what they have.

1 Thank OldeBlueHen
Thank you for writing, detailing your stay at the Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge. I am pleased that you found the staff friendly. We have updated the suites, but still have the quirky issue about wher the airconditioning is. We continue to reinvest in the facility in both repairs and upgrades. I hope that, should your travels bring you back to Belfast, you will allow us to serve as your host.

Wall, NJ
Reviewed October 20, 2009

We stop at this hotel four times a year. The hotel, staff and restaurant never disappoint. Cathy, the desk clerk, gave us a warm welcome and had us on the way to our room right away. The room was very nice with a stunning view of Penobscot Bay. We had supper in The Ocean's Edge Restaurant, which is on the premises. While the whole menu will suit anyone's taste, a sure bet is to have local seafood prepared with flair. Nina was our waitress and was very friendly and attentive to our every need. It is a credit to the management that, in spite of a large staff with seasonal personnel changes, the mission is instilled in each and every person that works here.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing, detailing your stay at the Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge. I am pleased that you found the staff friendly and efficient and the facilities clean and comfortable. We continue to reinvest in the facility in both repairs and upgrades. And I am fortunate to work with people who really care about our guests' experiences. I look forward to serving you again.
Halifax
Reviewed October 17, 2009

We've stayed here once or twice a year for several years and it never diappoints! Staff is great - friendly and really helpful! The front desk staff always welcome you and do their best to make your stay pleasant and enjoyable.
Every room has a spectacular view over the Bay. Breakfast is very good - lots of choice and enough space to be able to get to the various stations - unlike some other hotels!
We definitely plan on coming back another time - wish it were sooner!
One of our favourite Comfort Inns and one of our favourite spots along the Maine coast!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing about your stay at the Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge. I am pleased that you found the staff friendly and efficient and the facilities clean and comfortable. We continue to reinvest in the facility in both repairs and upgrades. And I am fortunate to work with people who really care about our guests' experiences. I hope that, should your travels bring you back to Belfast, you will allow us to serve as your host.

Portland, Maine
Reviewed October 1, 2009

I've stayed here twice and will be back whenever possible. Each room overlooks the water with large windows and a deck outside. There's also a nice indoor pool (with a water view) and hot tub. The staff is very friendly and accommodating - even putting breakfast out early for those of us who had to hit the road. Belfast is a charming place with lots of restaurants but I've only eaten at the Weathervane because I love their fish chowder. If you're heading Downeast, this is a GREAT place to stop for the night.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Thank you for writing about your stay at the Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge. I am pleased that you found the staff friendly and efficient and the facilities clean and comfortable. We continue to reinvest in the facility in both repairs and upgrades. And I am fortunate to work with people who really care about our guests' experiences. Thank you for returning again and again.
Barry Asalone
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belfast
Colonial Gables Oceanfront Village
Yankee Clipper Motel
Yankee Clipper Motel
#2 of 8 in Belfast
Samoset Resort On The Ocean

Been to Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge? Share your experiences!