Pluses: The rooms offer water views, and cookies and juice are available in the evening. Variety of breakfast offerings. Large dining area with annex area for busy days.
Negatives: Sound insulation is poor: we heard young people running, yelling in the hallways, doors to other rooms slamming, etc. It was a very busy weekend night and a noisy one. The elevator wasn't working because the repairman had to order the necessary part.
MAJOR PROBLEM: A sliver of clear glass about 3/4" long in the scrambled eggs. When we presented the glass to the front desk, the attendant said it was probably a piece that broke off the bowl they use to prepare the eggs. There was no expression of regret, concern, or concession. This could have been a major disaster if the glass had been ingested before being spotted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every room has an ocean view, and includes all the amenities you would expect plus a refrigerator and microwave in every room. 2nd and 3rd floor rooms have a balcony, while 1st floor rooms have immediate pool access and a rear door that opens on to our ten acres leading to the water. The property features an indoor heated mineral pool, hot tub and sauna, game room, guest laundry facilities. Free hot breakfast and free WIFI are included. We are connected to Ocean's Edge Restaurant for fresh seafood, steaks and pasta served in a comfortable, casual atmosphere. Join us on the patio in summer for alfresco dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Ocean`s Edge Hotel Belfast
- Comfort Inn Belfast
- Belfast Comfort Inn
- Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge Belfast, Maine