My husband was recently riding his bike from Bar Harbor to Belfast on the first leg of a long-distance bike ride. My daughter and I drove ahead to find accommodations in Belfast. I hadn't done any significant research about where to stay, but as we passed the Comfort Inn on Route 1, it looked inviting. The manager, Barry Asalone, happened to be on duty when I went in to check about rates. He told me that the military rate would be our best option...it always makes me happy when hotels offer a better rate for members of the armed services than for AARP or AAA! I booked a room and then started asking questions...Barry told me how we could drive to the pedestrian bridge that crosses the river into the town of Belfast, and he recommended the nearby Seng Thai restaurant. When my daughter and I walked into our room, we were astounded to see the gorgeous view of Belfast Bay from our window. I'd seen this view from the lobby when I was talking to Barry, but I had no idea that every room in the hotel has a view onto the bay. When my husband arrived on his bike, we walked next door to get an ice cream cone at "Th' Ice Cream Barn"--a charming place--and then we drove to the pedestrian bridge. Our walk around Belfast was delightful, and the meal at Seng Thai was outstanding. Then as we got ready to draw the curtains in the room for the night, a rainbow appeared in the clouds over the bay--a perfect compliment to this very pleasant Comfort Inn. Breakfast the next morning was very good, and the room was clean and airy. I recommend Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge to anyone traveling to or through Belfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every room has an ocean view, and includes all the amenities you would expect plus a refrigerator and microwave in every room. 2nd and 3rd floor rooms have a balcony, while 1st floor rooms have immediate pool access and a rear door that opens on to our ten acres leading to the water. The property features an indoor heated mineral pool, hot tub and sauna, game room, guest laundry facilities. Free hot breakfast and free WIFI are included. We are connected to Ocean's Edge Restaurant for fresh seafood, steaks and pasta served in a comfortable, casual atmosphere. Join us on the patio in summer for alfresco dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Ocean`s Edge Hotel Belfast
- Comfort Inn Belfast
- Belfast Comfort Inn
- Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge Belfast, Maine