“awesome staff ....great room”

Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 23, 2013

With such a long trip to visit my parents we had been looking for a place close to them that was clean, comfortable and affordable. This hotel has friendly, helpful staff that keeps the place clean and welcoming. Our room was wonderful with a king size very comfortable bed, kitchenette, and balcony with an amazing ocean view. The complimentary breakfast is great and offers choices for all dietary needs. We will always choose this location when visiting my family.

Room Tip: The King Suite is awesome
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you for your recent review. I'm glad that you choose to stay with us when visiting your family. Thanks too for your kind comments about the clean, comfortable rooms, good breakfast and friendly staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
SIncerely,

Reviewed January 23, 2013

First time we have stayed here, but won't be the last.
Clean rooms, comfortable beds, friendly staff, nice breakfast with something for everyone, and it was quiet on a busy weekend.
Excellent views. Excellent value.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

I'm glad that your first visit with us was so pleasant. I was happy to hear that you found the rooms clean and the staff friendly, and the hotel remarkably quiet on such a busy weekend. Thank you for your comments. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband and I traveled to Belfast Maine to see family. The Ocean Edge was recommended to us. Upon arrival we were greeted by a smiling front desk clerk who was happy to accommodate us. I was so excited to find our room had a gorgeous ocean view with a balcony; despite the January weather I had to step out on the deck to take it all in. The indoor heated pool is treated with sea salt as opposed to chlorine. And the sauna and hot tub was just what my body needed. Finally the restaurant was top notch. I honestly have no complaints and can't wait to return when the weather is warm!

• Stayed: January 2013
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Thank you for choosing us, and than you for writing about your postitve experience in the hotel and restaurant. We, too, can't wait for the warmer weather and your return.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Just returned from another Christmas week in Belfast and, as usual, enjoyed the stay at Ocean's Edge. The staff is first class and Barry, the manager, is a real "pro"! By far the best place to stay in the area and the restaurant is very good. I understand they will be going thru some changes this year and woud really like to see an small fitness room added.

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view of the bay and the King Suites are a great upgrade.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you for your kind words about your stay and about the Manager. I'm glad that you enjoyed the hotel and restaurant.
I make no guarantees on the excercise room, but we will take a look at it. You'll see other upgrades as we transition from Comfort Inn to Fireside Inn & Suites in August. I think you'll like the improvements.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We have stayed here several times and have received excellent service and accommodations. Manager Barry Asalone keeps a clean property and always ensures that we have a clean, comfortable room. We have stayed for business and also for a weekend with our pets. If you are looking for pet friendly, this is the place - the lower lawn gives them a place to explore without being near a road, and you can just open the room door and walk right out; very easy. If you are travelling without pets, the upper floors are pet free so no need to worry about allergies if Fido makes you sneeze. Also, if you are fortunate enough to get a waterview room, the sunrise over the bay is nothing less than spectacular!

The breakfast is quite good and usually is scrambled eggs, sausage and make your own waffles. There are also plenty of bagels, yogurt, cold cereal, juice, and coffee - something for everyone.

Highly recommended for a night, weekend, or longer. They will be changing ownership soon, but as long as the staff remains the same, there should be no reason not to continue staying at this property.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Ocean Side are the way to go!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Thanks! I couldn't have said it any better myself. One point of clarification: while we are going to end our relationship with Comfort Inn August 1st, the staff and owners remain the same. Combined with that, we'll be adding more amenities, such as Keurig coffee makers in all rooms with Green Mountain Coffee Roasters coffee. Also, we will be upgrading the soaps and shampoo to Bath & Body Works and adding items to our breakfast. We will continue to upgrade our property to maintain your trust.
Thanks for staying with us again, and thanks for writing. See you soon.
Sincerely

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I stayed at the Ocean's Edge Hotel again. The view is still gorgeous, the service is still wonderful, but this time I climbed into bed at night and I slept for NINE HOURS. The beds are so comfy here I slept better than I do when I'm at home! No complaints. I'll keep coming back.

Room Tip: I don't think there is such a thing as a bad room here.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for staying again, and thank you for writing. I am pleased that you continue to enjoy your visits here and that you slept so well. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

i've stayed here many times over the past 10 years and have never been disappointed. they are pet friendly and all ground level rooms have a door right out to the back for easy dog walking. i only stay off season so the prices are reasonable. this trip was thanksgiving weekend, friday to sunday, 2 queen beds, $75 a night with AAA discount, plus the $ 20 a night pet fee. now, my reason for the poor rating. the housekeeping. again, i've stayed here many times without a problem. room was fine upon arrival, i thoroughly check all rooms right away. made a stop back saturday afternoon before going to my dad's for dinner. one bed wasn't made. i called the front desk. i realized i had left some items on the bed, so they didn't touch it. totally understandable. they said they would come and make up the bed. i commented that we had left the cards to have the linens changed also. we get back to room late, around 11:30. my sister notices there was still a stain on the sheet that had been there yesterday, so they clearly didn't change the linens. did they change them before we checked in, we now were wondering? the next morning i go to make coffee. the coffee maker was never cleaned and fresh cups and supplies were never put out. i then notice the trash in the room was never emptied. i decide at this point to do some thing i have NEVER done in my life. i didn't leave a tip for housekeeping. upon checkout, i make a complaint. the girl at the desk didn't even call for the manager. i may need to find a place a little further away to stay in the future. how can i trust that linens are clean when i check in now? it's just plain gross. i don't think it can out weigh all the other great features of this place. beyond disappointed!!!!!!! i'll be calling the manager today.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you for writing about your most recent visit to Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge. I'm sorry that we spoiled your most recent visit. As you know from staying with us over a ten-year span, this is not the excellent service that you have come to expect from us. I will be reviewing this with our head housekeeper, and find out where the breakdown was.
I can understand your question, but, of course we change the linens between each guest. The housekeeper didn't change the sheets the next day during your visit because your personal items were on the bed, and she didn't want to misplace them for you. I don't know why she didn't refresh the coffee station, but we will find out.
I hope that you can see this as an isolated incident and allow us to serve you again in the future. I certainly don't want ruin a ten-year relationship.
Barry Asalone

Also consider these accommodations in or near Belfast
Grand Harbor Inn
#2 of 5 in Lincolnville
16 Bay View
16 Bay View
#2 of 10 in Camden

Been to Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge? Share your experiences!