i've stayed here many times over the past 10 years and have never been disappointed. they are pet friendly and all ground level rooms have a door right out to the back for easy dog walking. i only stay off season so the prices are reasonable. this trip was thanksgiving weekend, friday to sunday, 2 queen beds, $75 a night with AAA discount, plus the $ 20 a night pet fee. now, my reason for the poor rating. the housekeeping. again, i've stayed here many times without a problem. room was fine upon arrival, i thoroughly check all rooms right away. made a stop back saturday afternoon before going to my dad's for dinner. one bed wasn't made. i called the front desk. i realized i had left some items on the bed, so they didn't touch it. totally understandable. they said they would come and make up the bed. i commented that we had left the cards to have the linens changed also. we get back to room late, around 11:30. my sister notices there was still a stain on the sheet that had been there yesterday, so they clearly didn't change the linens. did they change them before we checked in, we now were wondering? the next morning i go to make coffee. the coffee maker was never cleaned and fresh cups and supplies were never put out. i then notice the trash in the room was never emptied. i decide at this point to do some thing i have NEVER done in my life. i didn't leave a tip for housekeeping. upon checkout, i make a complaint. the girl at the desk didn't even call for the manager. i may need to find a place a little further away to stay in the future. how can i trust that linens are clean when i check in now? it's just plain gross. i don't think it can out weigh all the other great features of this place. beyond disappointed!!!!!!! i'll be calling the manager today.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every room has an ocean view, and includes all the amenities you would expect plus a refrigerator and microwave in every room. 2nd and 3rd floor rooms have a balcony, while 1st floor rooms have immediate pool access and a rear door that opens on to our ten acres leading to the water. The property features an indoor heated mineral pool, hot tub and sauna, game room, guest laundry facilities. Free hot breakfast and free WIFI are included. We are connected to Ocean's Edge Restaurant for fresh seafood, steaks and pasta served in a comfortable, casual atmosphere. Join us on the patio in summer for alfresco dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Ocean`s Edge Hotel Belfast
- Comfort Inn Belfast
- Belfast Comfort Inn
- Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge Belfast, Maine