“Fun atmosphere, average food”
Review of Weathervane Seafoods Belfast - CLOSED

Weathervane Seafoods Belfast
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 20, 2014

In a beautiful harbor setting with cute lobster signs and nautical decor. The price for a lobster dinner was typical ---way too pricey considering the lobster is caught so close by. Had scallops instead and they were ok and a special that night.

There are newer reviews for Weathervane Seafoods Belfast

Reviewed August 16, 2014

We enjoyed a wonderful lunch of fish and chips, outside overlooking the water. The wait staff was so friendly. We also enjoyed a huge margarita for only $5.00. Perfect food and atmosphere to share with friends.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Just the way it should be, large portions, good drinks, friendly service. Views from the deck, the shipyard close by, you can just feel the history of Belfast here.

Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Dinning area smells of not-so-fresh seafood. Fried food had off-taste. Completely unenjoyable. I would even recommend fast food over this restaurant.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

We've been to this restaurant several times over the last six years but it appears that this place isn't getting better, it's getting worse. This is so pricey it's ridiculous. Lazy man lobster at $35?? Are they nuts? There is very little on the menu for anyone who doesn't want seafood either. My husband had a steak but other than a steak or hamburgers, that was about his only option. His steak was good, he said.

Before I even get to my food, I want to say that the waitress was fine but the management is not good. Someone seated us without even talking to us to make sure we were okay, comfortable or happy with our location -- she was totally silent. Someone, maybe a manager, came by later on and in a booming voice shouted, so how was your dinner? I couldn't believe how loud it was. What's that all about? I just ignored her because I thought it was unprofessional. Then at the end, when I suggested to one of the managers that they should have lemons and Parmesan cheese for their shrimp scampi, they didn't want to hear it. When they ask you how things are, they don't want to hear anything negative.

Okay, so back to the shrimp scampi. Decent. Not great. Needed lemon. Obviously also needed Parmesan cheese. I had to ask for lemon. There was no Parmesan cheese on the table. The shrimp itself (get the fantail shrimp, native shrimp from Maine are tiny) was very good. The sauce was pretty bland. I tried sprucing it up with lemon. It helped but needed more.

The clam chowder wasn't that good because it had a ton of salt in it. Usually clam chowders come with too little salt, in my experience. I had to put a decent amount of pepper in it to season it properly. I make clam chowder so I know what it's supposed to taste like. It wasn't that good and I wouldn't order it again. It was thick and that was good, but the saltiness was overbearing.

All in all, we'll try something else in Belfast next time. Expect to fork over a lot of $$$$ here for just "okay" food.