“Stay away!”

Dining options: Breakfast
Plymouth, ME
“Stay away!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Worst dining experience we've ever had. Extremely poor service. Unable to sit outside (patio closed due to "weather" although it wasn't raining). Server was inattentive and made us feel downright awkward. Drinks arrived warm...very little ice...no straws. We had to ask for water three times. We had to eat our appetizer off of the serving plate due to lack of plates. Food took forever to arrive and was not hot. Steak had a weird taste to it..."metallic" was the first thought that came to mind. Fried seafood was soggy...not hot and fresh. Overall a terrible experience anxious a huge waste of money. Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere.

• Visited June 2013

Brunswick, ME
“Calamari and Caesar Salad to Die For!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

In Belfast to visit the Dufour Gallery (wonderful) stopped for a great lunch outside on a beautiful day on Belfast Harbor at the Weathervane. The Fried Calamari and Caesar Salad were superb! The Calamari was done JUST RIGHT with a wonderful dipping sauce and the huge Caesar Salad came on a chilled plate! We loved every minute of it! Next time we travel to belfast we are definitely going to the Weathervane.

• Visited June 2013
Leominster, Massachusetts
“Horrible food and bad service”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Visited with family in February. Should have reviewed sooner. Took my boyfriends sister and her husband out for lunch. Figured being right on the water we would be eating great seafood. We should have left before being seated. The place wasn't busy but still had to wait to be seated while all the help was standing around. We ordered the fish chowder and waited at least half an hour when the waitress came over and said they are out of it. It was 1pm and the place was empty, she asked if we wanted to wait for a new batch, was she kidding or what. Me and my boyfriend had haddock, it was lukewarm, dry, and no flavor. Service was horrible, like they didn't care. When I got back home I emailed the restaurant and the corporate office in York, me and told them about my experience, I emailed them twice with no response. I wasn't looking for anything, just letting them know. I guess they don't care about their customers. I am back in Belfast this weekend and you can be sure I won't go back. If you want a great fresh seafood meal go to young's lobster pound in Belfast, you won't regret it.

• Visited February 2013
“Great location - better places to go.”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The location needs refurbishing. There is a mildew smell when you enter. You can sit outside to take advantage of the view. The food is reasonable.

Orland, Maine
“Service indifferent”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We visited on a Sunday afternoon. We'd eaten at the restaurant twice before and would not have chosen it but received a gift card for Christmas, so took advantage of it. Quahog was a special of the day, but when asked the waitress could not tell us what a Quahog is, did not bother to find out. My husband ordered it and was asked what he wanted for his 'side', thus leading us to assume it was part of the special. When served, the side was not with the order, and was served after our asking about it. The food was acceptable, but not great. The waitress did not appear again until she presented the bill and the 'side' was charged as an extra. We will not be choosing the Weathervane again when in Belfast.

• Visited April 2013