“Not the Taj Mahal but good for the money”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Admiral's Ocean Inn
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Belfast
El Paso, Texas
“Not the Taj Mahal but good for the money”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I travel a lot for business. I travel with my best friend (my dog) and sometimes my business partner. We always look for a place that is not only pet friendly, but genuinely likes my dog. We had to suffer through 2 weeks of misery in Bucksport at the hands of a neurotic hotel owner, but it worked out wonderfully in the end. Moving to the Admiral put me 15 minutes closer to work, so that was a plus, but the best part was how welcoming Dick and Connie (owners) were. The next 6 weeks were wonderful.

The room was big and had a comfortable recliner that i used every evening. One bed was very comfortable the other was hard and springy (I slept in the comfortable one). The TV was small but it didn't detract from the overall experience.

We were right across the street from the ocean and enjoyed walking the dog on the beach in the evening... that was a nice plus. In case you did not know, the motto on the Maine license plate is "Vacation Land" and i happen to be working there during the height of the tourist season. The Admiral recognized that and charged me much less than most of the other hotels in the area.

There were some "semi permanent residents" at the hotel that gave me pause in the beginning, but there was never a problem and all my belongings in my work truck remained untouched.

I would recommend this hotel to everyone who wants a nice comfortable room in a friendly atmosphere for a reasonable price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I've never felt or seen them before, I'm sure I've encountered them in my travels but never caught one. I was just waking up when I noticed a bug on my T-shirt. I flicked it and thought nothing more.. Then I saw another and turned on the light.
I moved the bug, squished it and realized what it was. The bed was moved exposing 25-50 of them. Poop, skin sheds and thousands of spots stained the box springs. I flicked several into a cup and brought them into the smoke filled lobby. I showed the owner, he asked what do u want to do.
I got a refund and split.

Only part about my stay at this dive, that was clean, my refund transaction.
Filthy. Horrible. Stink. Hell hole.

• Stayed November 2011
3 Thank MacsPoison

Travelers are raving about these Belfast hotels

Reviewed August 3, 2011

We made reservations through hotel.com and the accomodations were innadequate for my family; the staff was very rude, unwilling to help, and unfriendly. We left and cancelled our reservation.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Bermeriz
USA
Reviewed August 26, 2009

Good points: The hotel staff (family owned) was very friendly, offering to pull out an pull away bed for the extra people in a two bed room free of charge. The beds were very comfortable, the room was clean. Certainly not a AAA five star, but a fantastic place. The price was right, too. There was cable TV with a lot of channels, and long distance phone calls for free. There was soap in the batheroom, and extra towels were provided if needed.

The bad points: There aren't many of these, but I will metion that the beds were spring-loaded, not fancy pillowtops, but hey, it's not a fancy hotel.
The other thing, the continental breakfast is donuts, although I wouldn't expect a full meal from a family-owned motel.
Also, the main lobby was smoky, but the non-smoking rooms are just fine.

Overall, a great stay, the perfect place for a vacation night.

• Stayed August 2009
1 Thank RoapTripper3081
N.Ftmyers Florida
Reviewed September 10, 2006

Newely renovated rooms, Clean country type set up, Not too fancy,
Close to every thing, Nice views

Stayed August 2006
5 Thank tangiewhitten
Boston
Reviewed September 7, 2006

I stayed here in august for a week. It was very clean, the staff was very nice, and I loved my room. I'm responding because I noticed that the response before me, saying "never stay here", is untrue. It's not the Taj Mahal, but it's a great place for a family to stay., and the price is unbeatable. I'd definetly go back and stay there again.
Check out the website, www.admiralsoceaninn.com

• Liked — 24 hour service, easily accessible to all routes, right across the ocean
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Tips/Secrets — call ahead
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
5 Thank pyarimona
boston
Reviewed August 29, 2006

I had a clean comfortable room . I stayed for 2 days and it was a pleasant stay . workers were prety helpfull and you can't beat the price I would stay there next year again

Stayed August 2006