“You have to be kidding me....”

Three Tides Waterfront Bar
Ranked #1 of 2 Nightlife in Belfast
Camden, Maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“You have to be kidding me....”
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Well, we wanted to go to a new place and just chill out and have a few drinks and some appetizers. Our first clue that something was off was the rather dingy appearance and all the trash under the stairs on the way up but hey it's a bar, we were ok with it, hoping for some great drinks and some decent food. Our bartender took our order and when she gave us the drinks she proceeded in front of us to take the leftover cocktail and pour it into a shot glass and after waiting a minute or so, she turned slightly to her left and drank it! We were appalled. Really? That is so bizarre and not to mention illegal, we were shocked. If I wanted to buy you a drink trust me I would have offered. The food was fine for nothing special, but that behavior soured us on ever going back again. Better hope that there isn't anyone in there that might actually report that behavior. Never again.

Visited September 2011
16 Thank Margauexx C

Northport, Maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“My most favorite place to go, visit with friends and unwind.”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

My partner and I love 3Tides and have loved this funky restaurant since it opened all those years ago. David and Sarah and the crew work hard at making 3Tides an experience for all who come there. There is nothing like this multi-level establishment anywhere on the coast. Two bars, an indoor seating area and concrete bar, an outdoor deck overlooking the harbor and the bridge, a beer garden at the water's edge with a second bar, a bocce court and stylish seating areas. Come down on a gorgeous afternoon and just sit with a drink and watch the boats go by. Marshall Wharf brewery, also owned by David and Sarah, is right next door and the bar serves 15 or so of their professionally crafted brews at any one time.
We own rental properties around Belfast and 3Tides is always at the top of our recommendations for our guests.
We love it here! Congratulations to David and Sarah for building this place up from scratch with their own hard work and energy.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank MaineCliffDweller
Dunedin, Florida
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Most creative beer on the Maine beer trail!”
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I admitt it. I am a fruity beer person and the beers made and served here are more of the hoppy type. However the brewing staff truly love what they do, (and really who wouldn't it's beer!) and deliver the most creative beer on the Maine beer trail. The tastings are free and the food in the bar is excellent. They have a full bar and really good blueberry vodka for all the fruity people. Can't beat the view either!

Visited July 2011
1 Thank WildKate34698
Berkley, Michigan
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Nice Atmosphere”
Reviewed August 25, 2010

On our first night in Belfast, we followed the guide books recommendation of the Tree Tides for dinner. We got a lovely seat overlooking the river and beer garden area. The place has a cool/funky vibe, but there were also families having dinner, so it's not just a hipster hotspot. The food was yummy, although the waitress seemed stretched a little thin. Enjoyed relaxing, sampling the beer from the brewery next door and savoring dinner. We are glad we finally found this place - we walked right by it without seeing it, it's a little behind the main road towards the water, but worth finding!

Minneapolis
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Best of Belfast”
Reviewed August 21, 2010

The staff, the beer & the view are all outstanding. My wife went there for a holiday and it was so much fun. The most fun bar in town and perhaps the whole midcoast.