“OH MY GOODNESS.”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed May 30, 2014

The Lobster Rolls are not only the best I've EVER had, but the staff is amazing. I called ahead and ordered 4 lobster rolls for pick up, and programmed the address into the GPS. I knew when we visited Belfast I had to get lobster rolls from Young's Lobster Pound because I had seen a segment of a show on the Food Network that endorsed them. I didn't know what to expect, so when I arrived I thought I had the wrong location. Young's Lobster Pound looks like an industrial warehouse, and I wasn't sure where to enter. I watched a couple workers go in and out of the big entrance so I went in. There were lobster tanks floor to ceiling on both sides of the warehouse, and some of the friendliest people ever staffing the counter. They had my order ready and even boxed it up for me. When I got back to the house and unwrapped my lobster roll, I realized that it was all chunk claw meat and no filler. It was literally all claw meat. The lobster rolls I have had in the past had mayonnaise and celery and fillers . . . not at Young's Lobster Pound. Their lobster rolls are 100% lobster and 100% delicious. The lobster roll meal comes with pickles and chips, and a big lobster roll. I agree with the Food Network . . . these are the best lobster rolls in Maine!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

We ordered at the counter and made our way to the dock. I liked the simple surroundings with views of the working harbor.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Great view, good food, but really, to pay $1.50 for a serving of butter, $.25 for a cup and $ 1.50 for plate to have your lobster placed on. Give me a break. It will be a long time before returning to this spot overlooking Belfast Harbor. Too bad!!!! As compared to Pemaquid Co-0p, this place is a poor second cousin.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Good value, good service, friendly folks, BEST ATMOSPHERE and deck on the Maine Coast. The crew is there to make your visit positively memeorable. BYOB and watch the Osprey fish while eating.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Stopped at the Belfast visitor center and asked about a place for lobster lunch on our way to Bar Harbor, and they recommended Young's. it is on the east side of town across the bridge so not walking distance from the wharf area, but it was on our way north. Two story barn-like structure where they have tanks of lobsters and other seafood downstairs where you order and pick up your food, and then you go upstairs and sit at picnic tables. The place was not heated so avoid it on a chilly day. The day we went it was 51F out so a bit nippy. 16.95 gets you a fresh boiled 1-1 1/8 pound lobster which was very good.