“keep going back”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
wattsburg
“keep going back”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I went as a kid to Young's; my parents took my girls and me there in 1982, and after hearing me talk about it for years, my husband finally got to go after we sold the dairy cows in 2006. We have been back to Belfast twice since then and eat twice a day at Young's Lobster Pound the whole time we stay. The lobster soup is the best ever. The lobsters are cooked to perfection. The wonderful crew there helped us pack up 40 tails in ice to bring back home to Pennsylvania. Our experience has been so good that we are returning again next fall with my in-laws, four of them, and we will all be sitting on the deck at Young's, enjoying the view and the lobster!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank robin k

Westbrook, Connecticut
“Always a great experience!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

From the moment you walk in, you are greeted by friendly smiles, no matter how busy they are, and trust me, they are busy in the summer! Always my first recommendation for friends visiting us in Maine. You can't go wrong with the boiled lobster dinner, which comes with the sweetest corn you can imagine, and potato salad. My personal favorite is the lobster roll! The best you will ever have. Land lovers can have nicely prepared steak tips, and my son, when not picking off my lobster roll, will devour his hot dog on a grilled New England hot dog roll! Take out is open year round, but if you visit in the summer, plan on bringing a packed picnic basket filled with your favorite salads, wines, and don't forget your table cloth and candles! If you are coming to Mid Coast Maine, Youngs is a stop you can't miss!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank vgdawn
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
“Just what we came to Maine for....!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We had just entered "restaurants" into our GPS -- and found Young's Lobster Pound a few miles away--- thank goodness! This was our first time on the East Coast so had no idea what a lobster pound was but boy, were we in for a treat! Whole fresh lobster at prices unheard of in the Midwest!
It was an awesome experience to have our first Maine meal at Young's--- watching the meal being prepared and then sitting outside on the pier to enjoy it!!
We added Cape Cod Chips and soda (pop)... Next time we'll bring our own beer--- a repeat customer was kind enough to share!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank TerryTom2119
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Best lobster ever!!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

When you drive up, you see a huge warehouse. Inside are tanks of lobster and clams and not sure of what else. You order at the counter, you can watch as they select your lobster and clams, place them in a net and lower them into the steaming pot. It is without a doubt the best lobster and clams, I have ever eaten. Don't expect a lot of atmosphere - you eat at a picnic table upstairs and if you want wine, you take it with you to the Pound. Love this place!!

• Visited October 2013
Elyria, Ohio, United States
“Always a good meal”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is a must stop on our annual trip to Maine. Since it was a little chilly the night arrived, we had them cook our lobsters and steamers and pack them to go. We took them back to our hotel room and had an amazing dinner in the warmth of our room!

Visited October 2013