“A Fun Morning with a Surprise”
Review of Mainely Pottery

Mainely Pottery
Ranked #2 of 24 Shopping in Belfast
More attraction details
Owner description: Collection of Maine made pottery with potter in residence giving demonstrations.
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stopped at this shop before driving on from Belfast to Bar Harbor. We spent two hours there ! Part of the time was spent selecting items to have shipped home and the other part was spent enjoying the beautiful garden behind the shop. The flowers were exquisite. The doors to a porch with seating available were open. I sat and enjoyed the view while my husband took photos. It was a nice start to the day.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Mainely Pottery is always a must stop when we are in the area. They have a good stock of local pottery, ranging from bowls and mugs to lamps and other accessories. The staff is friendly and helpful. There used to be a white decoupage bear at the entrance but, alas, it's no longer there which makes the store harder to find.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Gorgeous shop, conveniently located just north of Befast. Friendly, knowledgeable staff, and a truly large and varied selection from Maine potters.

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We made a quick stop by here on our way back to Boston. Knew we couldn't carry much on the plane so I was quick to find out that they ship. And what great shipping they did!!! Wish I had bought more now. The prices and selection were fantastic. Pretty pottery and a lovely lady who helped us.

1  Thank Wendy A
See more reviews
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is a collection of works from 28 studios with very different styles and pieces, seated in a beautiful garden, and staffed by the artists themselves. I enjoyed more than an hour of browsing. My only reservation is that there wasn't much available for smaller pocketbooks like my own. At $28, buying a single piece was a major splurge for me.