“Down home food”
Review of Pig Out BBQ - CLOSED

Pig Out BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Great spot on the Belfast waterfront for home style southern barbecue. Loved the Georgia style baked beans of butter beans, lima beans and white beans mixed. This isn't perfect barbecue but it's cooked with loving care and comes with a slice of Texas toast. Great friendly service. our waitress kept my mug of iced tea full.
No view. you can walk the waterfront full and happy after you eat.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

My wife and I have been to the Pig Out a number of times and have never been disappointed. They make the best baked beans we have ever tasted. The ribs and brisket are also very good with the meat falling off the rib bones. My only complaint about the Pig Out is that it is not open year round

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We've been staying in Belfast for about a week now and based mostly on reviews decided to try Pig Out BBQ. We were very happy! We got take out and the girl running the counter was very cheerful and accommodating. I got food for myself and my two friends. I had the pulled pork sandwich and instead of chips and a pickle, I got loaded red potatoes with onions and cheddar cheese. One of my friends got a small ends dinner with loaded red potatoes and smoky beans and also potato salad. My other friend got a pulled pork sandwich also and just had a pickle and Texas toast. My sandwich was excellent, the best I'd ever had! At the restaurant you can get little containers of different bbq sauces to put on your meat. When I added the sauce it was wonderful! Could've used a little more meat but other than that it was perfect! My friends small ends were also great! The potato salad was creamy and definitely homemade. The beans were delicious, also the best anyone had ever had! They weren't spicy and they had a wonderful smoky flavor. I'm not usually a bean person but they changed my mind! The loaded potatoes were also great, although if you're looking for cheese and onions to cover every potato this is not for you. The toppings are a little space but there still great! Also had a slice of pecan pie which was also amazing! Tasted homemade and yummy! Will be back!

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

It is often said good things come in small packages, this sweet little BBQ joint conveniently located by none other than the beautiful Maine coast is tucked behind the Weathervane restaurant. Upon arriving we are greated by the sweetest little Southern Belle. She kindly seated us, and right away we felt like part of the family! Being a family who has lived in Maine for an extended period of time it often gets hard to find variety on the coast and while seafood is great, a BBQ and southern hospitality is a nice little vacation from vacationland! We ordered the ribs and they were absolutely fall off the rib finger lickin' rib stickin' Good and the sides cannot be beat!!! Unique sauces, of all variety the "Carolina sauce." satisfies my taste while the "Southwest Sauce" is something my husband cannot resist! And don't forget the to die for Jar desserts like the decodent and freshly made Sweet Tea in Mason Jars! If you want great taste, wonderful atmosphere, and a taste of the South where you feel like you belong then I highly suggests the "Pig Out" BBQ! Hogs and Kisses! We will be Return!

2  Thank Logan1033
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stopped here on our way to Acadia and were lured by the smell coming from the smoker. We know BBQ and were not disappointed. The brisket had the noteworthy smoke ring, and the burnt end ribs were the best my husband ever had. The sides were delish--Brunswick stew (haven't had that since we lived in Virginia), Mac and cheese, BBQ beans and collard greens.

We also enjoyed a lovely talk with owners Ted and Stephanie and their daughter, who was our waitress.

We loved the food and experience (we sat outside at the one picnic table and enjoyed the view of the smoker) and hope to stop back when we travel through the area again.