“A real find teen road and sea”

Nautilus Seafood & Grill
Ranked #8 of 64 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Steaks, seafood and kicked up comfort food on Belfast Harbor. Sit outside on our deck steps from the harbor in season or inside in our cozy dining room year round. Daily specials, local seafood and produce, local beer on tap or in a bottle, wines by the glass or bottle and specialty cocktails.
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Driving south on Rt 1 from Bar Harbor we found Nautilus well rated on TripAdvisor so called ahead on a Monday nite to ensure they were open. Opon arrival on an evening too cool to sit out on the lovely waterside deck we got the4 next best seats, the inside table next to the window and closest to the water. We ordered house specialties - seafood pie and lobster mac and cheese. The servings were prompt, ample and delicious and the wait stff was suitably attentive and friendly. With so many road side and waterside restaurants providing indifferebt service and food, it was a real pleasure to find Nautilus. We will make a point of stopping again the next time we trabel Down East.

1  Thank oldwoodboats
Jenifer O, Owner at Nautilus Seafood & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to write such a nice review. Hopefully the next time you come through the weather will be warmer and you can eat outside. We're glad that you enjoyed your dinner with us and we're looking forward to seeing you again! Thanks! Jenifer

Reviewed May 5, 2013

A fabulous non-chain restaurant, that overlooks the ocean and has a wonderful atmosphere. Food was delightful, and the staff helpful and well adaptive. Very crisp fish & homemade chips, and Jenny had a juicy ribeye. For an appitizer, lobster mac & cheese. Overall excellant...I just wish the locals would appreciate Belfast and help support this locations efforts.

1  Thank Dreamitthendoit

Thanks for having dinner with us, I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I also appreciate your support of our non chain status. It's people like you that make small businesses possible. All of us partners grew up here in Belfast and it has been an honor and also very exciting to create this restaurant in our hometown. Belfast is a great community and we feel the love every day. Thanks again for visiting and taking the time to write a review. We're looking forward to seeing you again! Jenifer

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This is a very pretty restaurant with ample seating.
The food is above average. I wish the menu were a bit more creative. It is standard fare, but well done. I think if the menu were more exciting, I wouldn't complain as much about the pricing.

1  Thank SueBMaine
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I'd read a couple of good reviews about the restaurant, so I took my boyfriend there for his
birthday. What a disappointment! The service was unbelievably slow, 30 minutes to even get a drink order. The food was bland and nondescript. I got soggy sweet potato fries, and a tiny piece of fish all covered with the worst butternut squash (how can you ruin my favorite veg??) He got Portabella Chicken which was inedible.. A disappointment all around.. Won't be going back.

2  Thank yola40714
Jenifer O, Owner at Nautilus Seafood & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our restaurant. I'm sorry that you and your companion had a bad time and I want to let you know that quality food and service are very important to us. We would love to have the opportunity to make things right with you. Please call me at 218-4218 to discuss what we could do to earn back your business. Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We were pleased on our first visit. A bit pricey, but the filet was large (8 oz.) and delicious. Good steak houses are hard to find - we'd go there again. A good choice for a good meal. I didn't notice a kid's menu, but bringing a family there could be costly.

Thank you for having dinner with us and taking the time to write a review. I just wanted to let you know in case you want to bring the kids in the future that we do have a kid's menu and everything on it is $6. We look forward to seeing you again.
Jenifer