“Small Rooms”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Belfast
Wisconsin
“Small Rooms”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

This was a reasonably price hotel and the rooms have both an outside and inside door. The bed was comfortable, but room definately could use an update. It had a little continental breakfast, free WiFi and laundry facility. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RetirementTime

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Tempe, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

So these guys have a branch called Yankee Clipper Inn. We looked these guys up at AAA and made a reservation thinking its small business, we should support them.

We had a reservation to stay at the Yankee Clipper on 10-7-2011 for one night. I paid $99 with taxes it was $105.93. We were given room number #3 keys. We went to room 3, guess what there was a couple in the room, and we walked into them. I went back to the Belfast Inn which was 1 mile away. We got keys to room 9 and stayed in that room. The room is nice, I am not complaining about that.

We wanted to call and let them know to fix the key system. Guess what, their Manager Michael Schnetzer is such a jerk. First someone from the front desk talked to us and said "we are sorry what credit card did you pay with", and offered a refund without us asking for it. My wife called me to get the credit card info. Next time she called they flatly denied having talked to her.

Finally she gets around to talking to Michael and He accused my wife of lying about talking to the front desk about it. He said she must have called a different hotel.

If this was not enough - He said I do not understand why you have a problem, if someone it has to be the other couple on whom you walked in. If I get around to talking to him - I want to ask him if he has ever walked in on a couple in bed and if so did he feel extremely happy after seeing people in their underwear on their bed.

She told him that we are not lying, this is exactly what happened. He said "No one from my staff talked to you, I know my staff well. What do you want me to do" at which she said "For starters an apology will be nice". And he bluntly said "Sorry that you got the wrong door key" to which she responded "Wow are you kidding me, I am surprised that you have such bad customer service. It amazes me that you are more concerned about their staff than to the customers who give money to stay there." He did not have any response, to which my wife told him that we will make sure we tell all our friends not to stay at your place. He said "well ok" and hung up.

I called up after this to talk to him and ask why he was rude to my Wife who was trying to give feedback. I tried to leave a voicemail for him, but the VM hung up. I will possibly hear from him. But who are we kidding. This is a recession, why are we paying 100$ a night to stay at places which have such bad customer service and accuse their customers of lying

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank raghu2383_1
Warwick, Rhode Island
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

in the beginning i was very pleased with this hotel. the price was much more reasonable than the comparable comfort inn down the street. i chose it based on being pet friendly, location, and price. i read the bed bug review. upon arrival i asked to inspect the room prior to check-in. i pulled down all the sheets and lifted the mattresses. i examined under the toilet and sink, all around the shower and tub. the place was clean. my sister and i stayed 3 nights. we were only there to sleep and shower basically. they had an acceptable breakfast. i did not like the fact that i was on the 2nd floor and had to go up and down the stairs to walk my dog. here is what the deal breaker was for me. i have had my dog for 4 years. he is my baby. about a week after i got home i noticed he was scratching quite a bit. so my husband and i checked him out. my poor little doggie had FLEAS!!!!!! he has NEVER had fleas before. i am 100% positive he got them at this hotel. beware of this place with or woth out pets.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank kt72_7
Fintry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2011

Excellent setting,clean ,very helpfull & courteous staff We had a lovely stay of 2 nights at this moderately priced hotel,Views from 2nd floor rooms awesome Very good seafood restrraunts close by.Would definately stay again !!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KENNETH B
Maple Glen, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed at their newly renovated motel across the street. The decor was amazing and the staff was fabulous. The exterior is still being upgraded.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

We stayed at Belfast Harbor Inn for 3 nights last week. We were in Maine for a family wedding, and rented 4 rooms. Three of the rooms faced the pool, ours faced the water. What beautiful views!!! All the rooms were very clean and well kept, one of them even had a new microwave and small refrigerator. The staff was professional and friendly. The continental breakfast was good, and the staff was quick to replenish any item that ran low. Like the rooms, the breakfast room was very clean. We ate our breakfast on the deck each morning in order to enjoy the fresh air and gorgeous water views.

The guest laundry room was also very orderly and clean. Both the machines worked well.

They are also very pet friendly. Would highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Fpacheco
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

Booked late for August in Maine and there weren't many choices left that we could afford. Got a room for 2 nights, upstairs at the back with a gorgeous view of the water. I am very sensitive to road noise and would not have wanted a room near the road. Front desk was helpful, they added a frig to the room for $5 extra per night, and the pool was clean and refreshing. Breakfast was typical, nothing regional or special.
Belfast town is less than 10 minutes by car. We rented a kayak at the harbor and paddled around, it was a great way to get close to the beauty of Maine. Can't wait to come back to Belfast.

Room Tip: Back faces the water