“LOve LOve LOve this place”
Review of LA VIDA - CLOSED

LA VIDA
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican
Description: Fun, fresh Mexican and Caribbean food with real fruit margaritas all in a great atmosphere! Can hold large parties. Great place for Birthdays Lunch, Happy Hour, & Dinner
Belfast, Maine
“LOve LOve LOve this place”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My wife and I came across La Vida while out shopping in town. We were met with smiles and the most delicious drinks. The specials all sounded so good. We decided to have the steak fajitas and jerk chicken fajitas. It happened to be a Thursday and the server told us they had a great buy one get one 50% off special. Our dinner arrived in sizzling skillets. The portions were great.. the veggies fresh. We enjoyed a few signature margaritas that were fabulous! We were very pleased with our visit and will be definitely coming back. It's nice to have a fresh Mexican/Caribbean restaurant that also has some burgers for friends who are not a fan of Mexican.

I recommend this restaurant and bar to all..

• Visited October 2013

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Identity crisis happening”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This restaurant doesn't know if it is Mexican or Jamaican. Half the menu is Jerk chicken in various ways, half is attempting to be Mexican. The atmosphere is cute, friendly, but that's all they have to offer. Store bought chips, yesterday's homemade salsa welcome you. The guac was ok, but bland. I ordered lime chicken fajitas, thinking what could go wrong with fajitas? The chicken was extremely overcooked and dry, the peppers and onions were shaved thin, and the rice tasted like Rice a Roni Mexican. My friend had beef tacos, and they were too salty and just blah. I lived in Phoenix for 15 years, so I know Mexican food - and sadly, this is not it. I really wanted to like this place, but I just couldn't. Sorry.

• Visited October 2013
Belfast, Maine
“Good, but not great”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

La Vida has a neat atmosphere and decent food, but its missing the WOW factor. I had such high hopes for this place when it opened, but the food fails to impress. That said, I heard that this place has gone through many different head chefs, which definitely explains the inconsistency. It's quite a shame considering as its in an awesome location and has so much potential. Don't get me wrong, the place is still worth visiting if you are in the mood for a Mexican/ Caribbean meal, but don't go looking to be amazed... I agree with a previous poster in that something is missing. It can't really be explained, but there's something missing...

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank NomNomNomfooooood
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Came upon this place, unexpectedly, as a last minute whim to grab something and glad we did. Everything was extremely fresh including the salsa! We would definitely head back.

Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unique menu”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This place was amazing! I'm not sure what the other reviewers were talking about. I had a lobster and goat cheese quesadilla, and my husband had the veggie and goat cheese quesadilla. Both were delicious. It was nice to have Mexican that was not swimming in grease.

• Visited August 2013