“THANK YOU PATTI”
Review of Maine Coast Welcome Center - CLOSED

Maine Coast Welcome Center
Cuisines: American
Description: Convenient traveler's stop on Rte. 1 in Belfast, Maine providing CAFE, Information, ATM, Wifi, Restrooms, and Dog Walk. CAFE offers quick sandwiches, coffee & soft drinks and ice-cream.
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Got THE BEST advice for 8 highlight spots to drive/view/walk down the ME coast.
It was truly special to find someone who would actually listen to our preferences and then tailor a whole series of sights for us to visit.
I am really sorry that we did not realise whilst there that Jim and Patti provide all this helpful advice without Government finance.

First stop was the Point Lookout Resort - a private resort with a conference centre with a panoramic view - we were the only ones there!
Overnight stay at Glen Cove Inn and Suites Rockport - recommended by Patti, and a wonderful place to stay, very reasonable price as promised -after walking out to Breakwater Lighthouse. Dinner at Waterfront Camden.

Next day we headed to Owls Head Lighthouse built in 1826 and still operating. Quaint little lighthouse lovely area. Further south on to Port Clyde lighthouse where Forest Gump ran in the movie. Beautiful setting with keepers house. Next was Pemaquid Point Lighthouse - again still operational and we were able to climb to the top. Also, Thanks Patti for the tip to find the "reflection pond". The wealthy houses in this area were amazing - some direct ocean access. Another "Wicked Good" lobster lunch and fresh corn and boiled clams at Captains Fresh Idea Waldoboro where Rebecca was delightful and talked us into her blueberry pie as well.Then Portland Head Light and across the Casco Bay Br in Portland and down the Pike to Oganquit.

Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

It was fun talking to them,
So friendly . We were there early, next time I will try ice cream,I hear it is the best.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We've been staying at the comfort inn right next to this welcome center. I was hungry and bored and decided to walk over to get something to eat. I had read reviews which said that this place had wonderful ice cream and also good sandwiches. However when i arrived there were no sandwiches and I was very disappointed. The ice cream was good however it was very pricey. $4 for a small cone! Decor seemed nice, but I was still disappointed....

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Everyone at the welcome center was very friendly. They gave me detailed maps of each area up the coast and used a highlighter to map local attractions. They gave helpful shortcuts to bypass the heavy traffic. Very friendly staff.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stopped here on my to Bar Harbor curious to see where they would send me to eat, seeing as I am originally from Downeast Maine. I told them specifically where I was going and what I was looking for (lobster). I was told if I wanted lobster, to go to the lobster pound next door. Fair enough. I understand supporting your neighbors and all, but why send me next door when I asked about BH? Even after a bit of digging, I didn't get much info.