“Great food EVERYDAY!”

Bell the Cat
Ranked #13 of 60 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: American, Soups, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bell The Cat is a family owned business that serves the community great food, in a family-friendly environment that also delivers great customer service. We specialize in great deli sandwiches, soups, salads and delicious desserts.
“Great food EVERYDAY!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

I frequent the restaurant whenever I'm in Belfast. Everything they make is great. The only thing I wish they had more gluten free options as my wife has a gluten allergy. They do have a few things like GF cookies and one type of GF bread.

The service is outstanding and the beverages range from home made flavored Italian soda to several types of teas. I have never been for breakfast but understand its great as well.

2 Thank PhantomFatGuy

Freedom, Maine
“A purrlific good time”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Their move to the little line of stores by U.S. Cellular has been a good one, and with it seems an expansion on the delicious food they offer. I frequently stop, whether it's purchasing my resident's sherbert, enjoying a mocha, or grabbing a meal. The prices can be a little steep, but they offer halve's on many of their sandwiches, and I often choose to split with a friend. The environment is quiet, with a variety of seating options from standard cafe chairs and tables, closed off private booths, something resembling a wooden long table, a bar, or even the over-stuffed lovingly comfortable leather couches. They offer a variety of events throughout the week, and keep it lively, but never overwhelming. I end up there relaxing with friends, or by myself working on school, browsing the web, or reading a book. The ladies are almost always willing to customize a drink or dish to please as well, and are always serving with a smile, and sometimes excitement! The desserts are well worth the price, and you may just find yourself floating off into heaven with a deep throated purr as you let a truffle melt in your mouth. Don't let their inconspicuous exterior, fool you, step in for a unique cafe experience, with healthy food, great dishes, and made to order drinks.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Caleb R
Dallas, Texas
“Fun people, good food!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Great pumpkin soup, egg salad sandwich, and cookies. However, I was disappointed that the lobster had so much mayo on it. Just tell them not to spread the bread with it, and you'll do great. The tomato and lettuce were excellent. The young women working there were so happy; it was contagious.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank dianaholbert
Maine
“Perfect”
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Went here with my spouse after hitting a more trendy spot downtown. Really enjoyed the straightforward tasty approach to satisfy any taste or craving. Really liked the thanksgiving paninni and the array of baked goods and ice cream choices. Perhaps considered more of a local spot, but I have never been disappointed here. The service is exceptional at the counter where you place your order.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Roadtrip091
Lebanon, PA
“what a cool 'cat'!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We never would have stopped here had it not been for the great reviews on Yelp & TripAdvisor. This is why I LOVE online reviews, and will continue to post mine so that people do not miss out on gems like Bell the Cat!

It's located in a sort of small strip mall of stores, and doesn't look like much from the outside. This is why you cannot judge a book by its cover. We were warmly greeted and I asked the girls at the counter a "silly question" - did they have gluten free bread? I was delighted to hear a yes, and that they also had gluten free bagels.

They have a menu of sandwiches, and a cute 'make your own' menu that's like a build-a-bear of sandwiches. You pick your bread and then add the toppings by highlighting them on the list starting with the meats.

I got the "loaded BLT" on gluten free bread (it's Udi's multi-grain) - it comes with avocado and cheddar and is AMAZING. Ever since I have been on a special diet I have not had a proper sandwich and I was in heaven! My hubby got the Italian (note: when you pick from the menu they give you get exactly what it says. He thought it came with lettuce but it didn't say it....so read carefully, you can add whatever you want) and my son made his own with turkey-bacon-ham. They give you a cute little card to put at the table (ours was "sky") so they know where to bring your order.

We got lucky and one of the amazing booths was empty. Totally doesn't "go" with the feel of the place but it's a Narnia-like experience.

The whole place is open, if you go to the back (where their amazing homemade cookies are - also some gluten free options there) you can even see the kitchen off to the side. I like that kind of transparency.

The staff was outstanding, so helpful and so friendly. This is a MUST STOP if you are in the area - one of the best lunches I have ever had!

PS do NOT leave without cookies. We bought half a dozen - the oatmeal fudge was my son's favorite )so far....)

• Visited August 2013