“Casual family restaurant”

Dockside Family Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 63 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This restaurant has a very casual vibe - feels like you are eating at a friend's house. Their lobster rolls are a bit small - but very tasty. Their sweet potato fries are excellent and they don't skimp on the quantity. Also tried their crab quesadilla - a bit too much cheese which over-powered the subtle flavor of the crab.

However, all in all was a good experience. Try sitting outside if you can - the atmosphere is very relaxing.

1  Thank k d

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Lunch, decision driven by hunger and a desire for lobster roll. I loved the "yes" and "no" signs on the doors to enter and exit the deck for out door seating. Lovely fall day, wonderful lobster roll, my husbands clam roll was also wonderful, the steak fries were lightly coated with crispy stuff, and the coleslaw was good. Service was very good, and I just wish I could eat here more often!!!

1  Thank nagonmom
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We had a wonderful meal at Dockside Family Restaurant tonight. My husband had steak and I had Lazy Man's Lobster and they were both delicious! Their House salad dressing was amazing! Our waitress, Carley, had a great personality and was a pleasure to talk with. We brought home our dessert, strawberry cheesecake and apple caramel cake. We will certainly go back again soon!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Upon entering, I see a hand lettered sign than promises, among other things, "Bad Service." So, I ask the lovely waitress, "Where can I get bad service?" "Anywhere in this restaurant," she replies without hesitation. "Can I get fried clams with that?" "With what," she asks. "With bad service!" "Oh, absolutely!" So, I ordered a fried clam dinner and a dark beer. The clams were cooked perfectly, and the fries appeared to have been made from scratch. Both delicious, and the waitress came by a few times to make sure that everything was OK. So, I never got the promised bad service. :-) My only complaint was that the clams themselves were of a variety that was rather tough to chew, even though they were expertly prepared. And,they had the bellies (the soft sacs that are oh so sweet and delicious). So, I can heartily recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We were exploring Belfast and got hungry. The Dockside restaurant looked inviting. My friend and I had a lobster roll and my husband had the haddock ruben sandwich. Our lobster rolls were delicious, but my husbands sandwich looked amazing! He kept commenting on how delicious it was and I was starting to wish I had ordered one also. Next time I will!

1  Thank doliva