“Amazing authentic Thai!!!”

Cuisines: Thai
Saranac Lake, NY
“Amazing authentic Thai!!!”
Reviewed October 11, 2011

My husband and I stumbled on this restaurant on a recent trip to Maine and were absolutely floored at how good it was. We lived in NYC for many years, and this place rates above 99% of Thai restaurants there. The food is fresh, delicious and very authentic (except for the few dishes that they put on the menu to placate the masses). Warning--when they say spicy they mean it! We ordered our spice level at a 4 out of 5. Even if you think you love spice, I would recommend not going higher than a 3. Their 4 is true Thai hot and will be too hot for even the most adventurous. If you are in Mid Coast Maine and love Thai, Bhurapar is not to be missed! Just wish is was closer to upstate NY.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank kellyadks

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Poor customer service and bland food”
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We have eaten Thai food all over and this was pretty uneven. We ordered spring rolls. They were rice paper wrapped over iceburg lettuce. Really? We tasted them and called the waitress over to tell her they were not acceptable. She told us that every restaurant has different recipes. We just said she could take them back. We split a pad thai which was indifferent but edible. When the bill arrived, she was still charging us for the spring rolls! After a "discussion", she took them off. We hardly ever send food back to the kitchen, but their attitude left an unpleasant taste.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank ShelleyHig
New Hampshire
“Best Thai Food Ever!!”
Reviewed August 1, 2011

My husband and I travel to the Belfast region each summer to attend area festivities. We always make it a point to have dinner at the Thai Bhurapar Restaurant. We have eaten there every summer for the past 4 years and it is never a disappointment. The crab rangoon is excellent. It is not too sweet and has a nice balance of crab/cream cheese flavor. They give you a dipping sauce as well if you want to sweeten it. We usually get the Cashew Chicken which is awesome. The chicken is all nice big pieces that are never gristly. There are a ton of whole cashews in it as well. You can order it in various degrees of spicy, my husband likes his hot and it is HOT. Like another viewer said, if you like hot, you will not be disappointed.
Service is always fast and friendly. We always have the same waitress it seems each year and she seems to remember us as well. Prices are very reasonable.
This is a must go to place if you are in the Belfast area!

• Visited July 2011
Rockland, Maine
“Feel The Heat!”
Reviewed April 23, 2011

Loved it. For those of us that like real heat in our Asian foods, Thai Bhurapar delivers. I can't tell you how many times on the midcoast I've tried ordering a dish "spicy" or "5 stars" and been completely disappointed. I really think most "ethnic" places don't think us midcoast consumers can handle it, so they tone it down (no matter how many times I try to emphasize it). Thai Bhurapar puts their dishes on a 5 star scale from 1 (coward) to 5 (can't remember the name...something akin to "nuclear"). I ordered the thai basil with pork 4 star ("authentic thai") and my wife ordered the pad thai country style (also 4 star). In a word: finally! It was hot. And tasty. Perfectly cooked noodles, fresh veggies, and not too dry chicken and pork. The menu is extensive and the service was excellent. It's not just about the heat obviously, the flavors on both dishes were exceptional. The friendly chef came out at the end - I think to make sure I was ok with the spice! All I can say is thank you Thai Bhurapar. Thank you for giving me my much needed heat fix!

Visited April 2011